Packing again!

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 6:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Packing again!

Yep, its back to the pile of boxes and bubble wrap, back to emptying "that" kitchen drawer full of junk, back to the days of trying to find a box large enough for a police "No Waiting" cone to fit in, back to the days of discovering you just packed the book you want to read....... ........ but this time The Bloke has to pack his stuff too.

I've been talked into posting this, its nothing amazing, but we think its quite exciting! The Bloke and I have found a house to rent, with a proper landlord (bye bye Mr Dodgy Git)! Loads of room, really light and airy and on top of a hill (so he won't need the air con so much, we get fresh air this time!), room for visitors to stay (assuming anyone wants to!), and a lovely clean sparkling kitchen.

Best bit of all is that it will be "ours". Having moved over here to marry The Bloke, I moved into the unit he already lived in, and it has always felt like "his" rather than "ours", if you know what I mean.

Look out Aspley, here we come.......
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 6:18 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Packing again!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yep, its back to the pile of boxes and bubble wrap, back to emptying "that" kitchen drawer full of junk, back to the days of trying to find a box large enough for a police "No Waiting" cone to fit in, back to the days of discovering you just packed the book you want to read....... ........ but this time The Bloke has to pack his stuff too.

I've been talked into posting this, its nothing amazing, but we think its quite exciting! The Bloke and I have found a house to rent, with a proper landlord (bye bye Mr Dodgy Git)! Loads of room, really light and airy and on top of a hill (so he won't need the air con so much, we get fresh air this time!), room for visitors to stay (assuming anyone wants to!), and a lovely clean sparkling kitchen.

Best bit of all is that it will be "ours". Having moved over here to marry The Bloke, I moved into the unit he already lived in, and it has always felt like "his" rather than "ours", if you know what I mean.

Congrats Polly and Bloke, nothing better than getting something together, makes a big difference. Have a great time in your new place.

Take
care
Kala
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 6:21 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Oh and a couple more thoughts

the dodgy landlord mght have forgotten that Bloke never paid a deposit so you could try and get it back to punnish him for not spraying the house.

And the wind at the new place might blow the flying roaches straight past.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 6:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Oh and a couple more thoughts

the dodgy landlord mght have forgotten that Bloke never paid a deposit so you could try and get it back to punnish him for not spraying the house.

And the wind at the new place might blow the flying roaches straight past.
The Dodgy Landlord has got his comeuppance at last - he owns this, and the unit next door; since he started muttering about "possibly selling", and since the dodgy electrics business, we have all been looking for new homes. It turns out that its not only us leaving, but also the lady in the other unit! From 2 lots of rent to zilch, in one easy move!!!!

Large sign being erected at the new house - "Roaches keep out!"
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 6:42 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Pollyana!

Sounds much better!!

Hope your lucks changed from now!!
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Hopefully this new place will feel like 'home' to you Pollyanna.
Hope the move goes well

with love
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Visitors? Did you say room for visitors?

Good luck in your new home.....hope it's everything you dream of
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Really chuffed for ya, make sure he carries you over the threshold!
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:16 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

nice one Poll!!!

When do you move in?

Petra
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:16 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Pollyanna and The Bloke,
I'm very pleased for you both, it will make such a huge difference to your lives. When I met Andrew I owned my own house so he moved in with me. Even though I always made a point of saying ours all the time he said he felt like the house was mine. For example, I decorated it, I bought the furnishings and owned everything in it. I never realised the difference it would make to our lives until we moved. Apart from our waterbed we were able to replace everything with the money from old house, Andrew was suddenly more relaxed about everything and we became closer than we already were.
I know this move will be great for you both,
Love and hugs
Sarah
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:20 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Watch out the roaches move with your packaging. The brother in law who moved to rural NSW where it is too cold in winter for roaches found loads of roaches hitched a ride. They died in winter.

Good luck with the new place.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:23 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Gee, MIL goes the gym in Aspley, will have to make her aware

Photos on the email looked great - I'll be there to help you move in, cold ones in the esky for after
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:29 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Gee, MIL goes the gym in Aspley, will have to make her aware
:
Don't think theres much chance of her meeting our Poll in there though

Congrats Poll and the Bloke, on wards and upwards, perhaps it will really start to feel at home soon Poll

Hugsxx
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Really pleased you have found somewhere good.

Save the house warming until August please

What with the trip home, the e-mails (get a web cam) and now a joint home that doesn't need the air con 24/7 you will be as settled as you can be.

All the best.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:38 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

That's brilliant news Pollyanna, I'm in the same position I live in Colin's house but its not and never will be my home theres far too many past ties and ghosts here, I don't feel like I can make changes I want, and to be honest in turn I dont want to as I'm not interested in it because its not mine. Can't wait for us to get a place together.

Enjoy your new Home

Kay x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.