Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Packers are in, and were Off

Packers are in, and were Off

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about
Default Packers are in, and were Off

Its been a long time coming, but it comes around fast. The packers arrived yesterday from Crown, and were only here 5 hrs, but manged to pack the entire house. Broadband was cut off on Monday by NTL which was really easy, so I'm hitching a ride on my neighbours wireless broadband. (Hope it find out). Container comes today, and the house will be empty. My wife and 2 children have gone to stay with my In Laws, until we go , so i can touch up the paint work when the furniture goes. We leave on Saturday at 12pm from Heathrow with Singapore Airlines to Perth, so if anyone else is leaving then, let me know, so we can meet up. 18 hrs of hell with my 5 year old and 21 month old boys. Not sure why we needed Crown to ship our stuff, as it looks like we taking most of it with us. Not sure how I'm going to get all this luggage from the taxi to th4e check in. May have to pay a porter. Wife will be an emotional wreck,so its down to me to hold everything together.

Its a weird feeling knowing we are going to leave on Saturday. I'm lucky i have my family living there, but we are giving up so much and heading to the unknown. Just nerves.

Good luck to everyone on this Forum. Hope to see all you Perth Expats soon.

Chris
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 7:58 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Packers are in, and were Off

Chris,

Just to say very best of luck and hope it all goes smoothly.

Rgds,
Nicky
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 7:59 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow cant wait till i'm where you are now !
Good luck and have a great trip
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 8:02 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry guys, it will be alright and Singapore are fab. Make sure you check the weight of your bags as they are very fussy. At least you are organised enough to pack in advance, we weren't and it was a nightmare!
See you soon
Larissa
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Its been a long time coming, but it comes around fast. The packers arrived yesterday from Crown, and were only here 5 hrs, but manged to pack the entire house. Broadband was cut off on Monday by NTL which was really easy, so I'm hitching a ride on my neighbours wireless broadband. (Hope it find out). Container comes today, and the house will be empty. My wife and 2 children have gone to stay with my In Laws, until we go , so i can touch up the paint work when the furniture goes. We leave on Saturday at 12pm from Heathrow with Singapore Airlines to Perth, so if anyone else is leaving then, let me know, so we can meet up. 18 hrs of hell with my 5 year old and 21 month old boys. Not sure why we needed Crown to ship our stuff, as it looks like we taking most of it with us. Not sure how I'm going to get all this luggage from the taxi to th4e check in. May have to pay a porter. Wife will be an emotional wreck,so its down to me to hold everything together.

Its a weird feeling knowing we are going to leave on Saturday. I'm lucky i have my family living there, but we are giving up so much and heading to the unknown. Just nerves.

Good luck to everyone on this Forum. Hope to see all you Perth Expats soon.

Chris

It was great to see you all Sunday... so glad the packing went ok.. have a great flight it can only be better than you are anticipating!!

Take care,

Julie et al
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:46 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Chris,

Good luck to you all. I am sure the boys will be fine...drop us a line when you land and are settled!

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Cheers Larissa,
I believe you have already sorted out a night out with Sasha when we arrive. See you soon
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 3:15 pm
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough

Hi Chris,

Good luck. We're still here anxiously waiting for the visa still. Got an email from the CO yesterday saying that she is going to discuss case with her manager tomorrow as bond was paid on 1st July. We're planning on getting out there around 15th September now. Will try and make contact when we get there if I don't hear from you before. Get that BBQ ready!

What happened with the house in the end?

Neil, Tracy + kids
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

All the best and have a safe journey