Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The packers have landed

The packers have landed

Old Dec 6th 2005, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

leby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The packers have landed

John Masson arrived at 7.45 this morning, no turning back , me and hubby are sat on wooden floors no furniture no nothing, we have got 2 be out of the house on Friday, then we are moving in with my mother for Christmas with 3 children and a dog (dog arrives on 4th FEB with Golden Arrow who I would recommend!)

The packers are like lightning, we did not think we had that much stuff, untill all the boxes got pilled up, the container is here first thing tomoz.

getting there for Feb any-one else at this stage

just ordered a indian for tea!!!!!!!!! nothing to eat it with

lisa & john
Old Dec 6th 2005, 6:14 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The packers have landed

Originally Posted by leby
John Masson arrived at 7.45 this morning, no turning back , me and hubby are sat on wooden floors no furniture no nothing, we have got 2 be out of the house on Friday, then we are moving in with my mother for Christmas with 3 children and a dog (dog arrives on 4th FEB with Golden Arrow who I would recommend!)

The packers are like lightning, we did not think we had that much stuff, untill all the boxes got pilled up, the container is here first thing tomoz.

lisa & john
You could scoop the Indian up with big Naans Balti-style like they do in Brum!

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Dec 6th 2005, 8:52 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The packers have landed

lisa & john
Wow on both packers and Christmas! Enjoy.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 7th 2005, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

lisa & john
They are arriving at ours to do exactly the same thing on 19th/20th December. We are not flying until 2nd Jan so have 2 weeks to survive with no furniture although we do have fab friends who keep encouraging us to go and stay with them until we fly.

Good luck with the move
Debs
Old Dec 7th 2005, 4:32 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by debilloyd
They are arriving at ours to do exactly the same thing on 19th/20th December. We are not flying until 2nd Jan so have 2 weeks to survive with no furniture although we do have fab friends who keep encouraging us to go and stay with them until we fly.

Good luck with the move
Debs
LOL our packers come then too we will stay at the inlaws till we fly out on the 8th jan
Old Dec 7th 2005, 5:07 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Our packers came on the 28th Oct.
We are still living in an empty house, mattresses on floor, inflatable sofas etc.
Was meant to be flying on the 25th Nov. No we are still here, our buyers are now trying to complete for the 19th/20th Dec... We had a chain have not got one now our buyer has now decieded to keep his house and do a buy to let on it.1st time buyer in the chain has still not got his mortage offer 18wks later... They do not know they are blown out yet!!!!!
Moving in with MIL for xmas, hoping to fly on the 1st Jan... Have not booked flights yet, not tempting fate.. Our container is now getting there before us!!!!!!

Good luck everyone..
xxx MerryXmas xxx
Old Dec 7th 2005, 5:29 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

lisa & john
ditto!! Packers came two weeks ago and we have another four weeks to go!!! We have a sofa, bed and tV....oh and 3 knifes and forks!! Its great!! Packed nearly all my clothes too so I look like a tramp!!

We used John Masons too....the boys sure are quick and they are so efficient and polite!! Our mutt going with GA too...can't say enough about them either...excellent service by all so far!! Even put a Christmas tree up today for my little one...sure does look a bit bare though...all the baubles got packed too!! Grrrrr

Good luck

Rachel