Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Packers been and gone...

Packers been and gone...

Old Feb 13th 2004, 2:19 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough
Default Packers been and gone...

Crown Relocations turned up at 10am and left at 12:40 with the contents of my flat - top blokes - nothing too much trouble - and the only thing wrong that I have noticed is that they have packed the DVD remote but not the DVD!

Phew - they left and I felt like a weight off my shoulders - went to bed and have just slept for two hours straight - the first time in about a week.

Let the partying commence!!

(Once I have zapped all the dust - eugh)
Old Feb 13th 2004, 2:23 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Leave the dust until tomorrow.

Put your feet up and open a bottle

RELAX

then PARTY :PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:

You deserve it !!!!
Old Feb 13th 2004, 2:30 pm
Kiwified member

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
Leave the dust until tomorrow.

Put your feet up and open a bottle

RELAX

then PARTY :PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:

You deserve it !!!!

I think you might be right there - Cheers!!
Old Feb 13th 2004, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Packers been and gone...

Originally posted by Pollster
Crown Relocations turned up at 10am and left at 12:40 with the contents of my flat - top blokes - nothing too much trouble - and the only thing wrong that I have noticed is that they have packed the DVD remote but not the DVD!

Phew - they left and I felt like a weight off my shoulders - went to bed and have just slept for two hours straight - the first time in about a week.

Pollster - time to put your feet up now and wait for the surprise the other half has got in store for you for Valentines Day.
Old Feb 13th 2004, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

WOW thats quick work ,
it took one whole day to pack stuff up and another to load it into the container when we returned from Singapore!! Then 2 days this end in uk to unload and unpack, mind you that was 3/4 s of a 40ft container!
Old Feb 13th 2004, 3:15 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

If you hadnt been such a mucky puppy in the first place you wouldnt have had to be cleaning now would you :lecture:

Now get
Old Feb 13th 2004, 3:39 pm
Kiwified member

Originally posted by helinuk
WOW thats quick work ,
it took one whole day to pack stuff up and another to load it into the container when we returned from Singapore!! Then 2 days this end in uk to unload and unpack, mind you that was 3/4 s of a 40ft container!
We aren't taking furniture or kitchen stuff as we are renting the flat out - so it was just clothes, nick nacks and loads of accumalated crap - which made it harder actually because instead of saying they you go, I am off down the pub see you later I had to keep running round going yes that no not that hmmm don't know about that.

still super quick tho.

And it looks like they packed all my commas as well!
Old Feb 13th 2004, 3:40 pm
Go Banana's !!

Well done and keep smilin' - see you at the other end one day

Jill and Warren

Perth 2004.............

Old Feb 13th 2004, 3:42 pm
Kiwified member

Originally posted by Jack Daws
If you hadnt been such a mucky puppy in the first place you wouldnt have had to be cleaning now would you :lecture:

Now get

I just HAD to get the hoover out as the place was filthy and moved the bookcase to get behind it ( the first time in three years) and yeuch - there was enough dust and dog hairs behind there to stuff a reasonable sized pillow!

And yes it serves me right for being perhaps the least house proud person in the world (and owning the world's muddiest and moultingest dog!).

I am just glad I don't live in OZ - I would have found several cockroach ghettos and a home for retired huntsman behind my furniture by now if I did!!
Old Feb 13th 2004, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

snowhite is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done ,very exciting !!!!
So so far you would reccomend crown ?
Old Feb 13th 2004, 9:35 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE]Originally posted by snowhite
Well done ,very exciting

cor well done Pollster I look forward to your posts when you get there!!!

Nikkix
Old Feb 14th 2004, 10:32 am
Kiwified member

Originally posted by snowhite
Well done ,very exciting !!!!
So so far you would reccomend crown ?

I would indeedy - great bunch of blokes - but I will give the final seal of approval in about three months time if and when my stuff turns up unscathed!
Old Feb 15th 2004, 1:04 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

And yes it serves me right for being perhaps the least house proud person in the world (and owning the world's muddiest and moultingest dog!).
Uh, no, that would be me. But luckily I have a house proud husband, no dog or other animals at the moment, and sometimes my in laws come over, giving us some notice, so that at least gives us notice so we can at least clean survices....

Good luck with all your other organising!! You must be soooo busy!!

Old Feb 15th 2004, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

sven37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pollster

I've been 'following' you on your Journey.....

Have fun, can't wait to hear about you when you get there, take care,
Sherry x
Old Feb 15th 2004, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

nell m is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I guess it's such a relief now thats done, when do you go? I know its soon, but cant remember. Dont forget, I want lots of posts when you get there, so you can tell me about all the things I didnt get to see when I was there.

I'm getting so excited for you - god, imagine how I'm going to be when its our turn!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.