Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Packers arrive tomorrow - cat re-homed today!

Packers arrive tomorrow - cat re-homed today!

Old Jan 12th 2006, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Packers arrive tomorrow - cat re-homed today!

Well - it's finally starting to feel real. Now the house is partly packed and sorted it looks like something is happening - seemed a bit surreal before.
MIL (house-proud, super cleaner) came round to help clean and looked into the cooker and said 'I think you need professional cleaners in'.... We're not that scummy really.... and it hasn't poisoned us yet..

I delivered our lovely cat to my brother, who is transporting him to his MIL in Chester - he'll be truely spoilt.

So, packers tomorrow and Mon, Tues AM - container arrives Tues noon.
We fly Weds evening - to Langkawi and then out of KL a month later, arriving in Melbourne on 17 Feb!!

Can't wait and getting really excited now - just not looking forward to saying goodbye to Mum.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:28 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Packers arrive tomorrow - cat re-homed today!

Originally Posted by The Crow
Well - it's finally starting to feel real. Now the house is partly packed and sorted it looks like something is happening - seemed a bit surreal before.
MIL (house-proud, super cleaner) came round to help clean and looked into the cooker and said 'I think you need professional cleaners in'.... We're not that scummy really.... and it hasn't poisoned us yet..

I delivered our lovely cat to my brother, who is transporting him to his MIL in Chester - he'll be truely spoilt.

So, packers tomorrow and Mon, Tues AM - container arrives Tues noon.
We fly Weds evening - to Langkawi and then out of KL a month later, arriving in Melbourne on 17 Feb!!

Can't wait and getting really excited now - just not looking forward to saying goodbye to Mum.

That's great news about your cat. I'd love to rehome ours are they're not as young as they used to be but I'm not sure I could trust anyone else to love them as much as I do!

Good luck with the trip.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:30 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Best wishes to you and yours from a fellow Bristolian.
Be Lucky!!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

Have a great trip - you lot!!!!!
ps - what have you done with the 7 ft Yukka?
Old Jan 12th 2006, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Total chaos eh??
Hope it goes well, glad you found a great home for puss
Old Jan 12th 2006, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
That's great news about your cat. I'd love to rehome ours are they're not as young as they used to be but I'm not sure I could trust anyone else to love them as much as I do!

Good luck with the trip.
Thanks! We were lucky with our cat in the end. We had quite a few offers but none we felt happy with and then luckily brother's MIL steps in and she loves cats and has a great environment for him. He's 12 years old, so we felt the trip might have been too much for him - I'm sure he'll also appreciate the lack of toddlers pulling his tail too!!
Good luck in whatever you decided to do with your cats
Old Jan 12th 2006, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rugbymad
Best wishes to you and yours from a fellow Bristolian.
Be Lucky!!
Thank you! My last trip to Kingswood shops this morning - oh, how I won't miss that place
Old Jan 12th 2006, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Angela Marie
Have a great trip - you lot!!!!!
ps - what have you done with the 7 ft Yukka?
Adam's going to be running up and down our Close tomorrow asking for takers!! If not, perhaps we should have a ritual burning ceremony - any excuse for a bottle of champers!! Or Cava in our case
Old Jan 12th 2006, 5:19 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with your new life. No doubt I'll see you on this side at a meet up one day.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 5:19 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Adam's going to be running up and down our Close tomorrow asking for takers!! If not, perhaps we should have a ritual burning ceremony - any excuse for a bottle of champers!! Or Cava in our case
Are you from kingswood??? Me too!!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Are you from kingswood??? Me too!!
My husband, Adam, is from Kingswood - I think you two swapped a couple of emails?? I think..... my brain's a bit muddled at the mo!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:35 pm
Running on the spot.

My husband, Adam, is from Kingswood - I think you two swapped a couple of emails?? I think..... my brain's a bit muddled at the mo!
I think so,are you in Hanham??
Old Jan 12th 2006, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think so,are you in Hanham??
That's us! Shame we didn't get a chance to meet up.. I'll kick Adam to see if he replied to your mail...
Old Jan 13th 2006, 6:21 am
Running on the spot.

That's us! Shame we didn't get a chance to meet up.. I'll kick Adam to see if he replied to your mail...
I'm home today,so if your about drop a mail as i'm going up the wood later,be nice to drop by and wish you all well.