Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Packers in - anyone else off soon????

Packers in - anyone else off soon????

Old Aug 22nd 2003, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

The Jacksons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Packers in - anyone else off soon????

Well the packers have arrived 8am - really nice pair of guys from PSS. Don`t forget to ply them with tea and coffee!!
The sound of tissue paper rustling has been going for nearly an hour already and the house stinks of Jeyes fluid!

Is anyone else off soon??? If so when and where to?
We go via Singapore to Brisbane 25/8 - starting to get a bit excited but need to get this stressful day of moving house over with before I can relax and start looking forward to it all.

Sarah
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 8:03 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Packers in - anyone else off soon????

If you go down a bit there is a poll I posted - just looked, there are 25 people/families going before the end of the year.

I take it you have not seen it as no one has voted before end of Aug

Good luck (better be quick with the posts before they start packing the computer away )
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by The Jacksons
Well the packers have arrived 8am - really nice pair of guys from PSS. Don`t forget to ply them with tea and coffee!!
The sound of tissue paper rustling has been going for nearly an hour already and the house stinks of Jeyes fluid!

We go via Singapore to Brisbane 25/8 - starting to get a bit excited but need to get this stressful day of moving house over with before I can relax and start looking forward to it all.

Sarah

Hope everything goes smoothly for you. Let us know what you think of PSS, they are a popular choice at the moment!

Congrats- you must be excited to nearly be there!
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

parrot is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We've got PSS coming a week today at 8am. I've only got a smallish one bedroom flat to get sorted and I'm nowhere near ready cos I'm out most nights saying goodbye to people before I leave London.
Not actually flying till 30 Sep but moving to my mum's for a month to give her a chance to get really sick of me!
Good luck with everything and let me know how PSS do! I have stocked up on teabags and biscuits in readiness for their arrival.
Parrot
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Both mine and my daughter trainers have been packed - our fault - we left them in the living room and forgot to take them out before they started packing!!!!! Still a good excuse to buy a new pair before I go! PSS guys are working pretty fast and know their stuff. No problems with anything so far. They said they`ll leave the computer until nearly last so I can use it!

Thanks for all the good wishes and good luck to everyone still awaiting visas or house sales and so on.
Am at the stage where I am excited but pretty scared - the hard stuff is yet to come (jobs etc) but it will be a good challenge.

Hopefully will make one more post before they pack me away.

All the best

The Jackson family
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 12:15 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Just a query - I am trying to stuff as much in my 20 ft as possible.

When they make a 'parcel' out of a piece of furniture (i.e.e chair) will PSS let you put lots of bits and pieces inside the space left? what is their thinking of this? every little helps
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

We filled all empty drawer spaces with clothing and bedding to save on space - also he filled some part filled boxes with spare bedding. They do try to save you space and although we did not have any chairs to be packed I would imagine that they would just wrap them like a Xmas present like they did with other furniture???

Sarah
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

scuttle is an unknown quantity at this point

We're off on the 12th of jan 2004, so about 4 1/2 months to go, but the time is going very quick, going via thialand for 10 days then off to Adelaide. Starting to get things organised now though, Can't wait...........!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 11:45 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by yafm
Just a query - I am trying to stuff as much in my 20 ft as possible.

When they make a 'parcel' out of a piece of furniture (i.e.e chair) will PSS let you put lots of bits and pieces inside the space left? what is their thinking of this? every little helps
they should be doing this any way, its called space, consolidation,fill all spaces with cushions ,pillows, soft toys etc ,not linen as this can get heavy and place stress on things.... MM
Old Aug 24th 2003, 6:27 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Thank you Sarah and Mr M gradually I actually think we may have got down to the 20ft container now. It was just that Avalon (who came to me at the very first) said that all the drawers and etc. should stay empty as the customs people did not like things packed therein - they also quoted me a havy cost for a 20 ft and 600 cu ft extra. (did not offer a 40 ft.)
Did not like the representative or his attitude so did not go further with them. Needed confirmation we could use the drawers and spaces.

Old Aug 24th 2003, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Sorry that your house sale is causing you grief. We never felt secure until the contracts were exchanged - then I could breathe a little easier. As it is my husband is waiting until November to fly out. As neither of us have jobs organised it seemed a good idea for him to have a wage coming in for a few months extra and I can stay with family whilst I job hunt (Iknow - what a luxury!).
Just the exchange rate to think about now - ie when to change currency??! Will probably just change it as soon as our Aussie bank ac is opened and then just put it in a savings account until we need it to buy a house - just a total lottery really - anyone with a crystal ball??? (singular not plural!!)
Flying tomorrow and still does not feel real. Oh My God! - better start packing!

Good luck to all still waiting.

Bye for now

Sarah

We are more of who we are because of the friends we have made.
Old Aug 24th 2003, 11:11 pm
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by parrot
Hi
We've got PSS coming a week today at 8am. I've only got a smallish one bedroom flat to get sorted and I'm nowhere near ready cos I'm out most nights saying goodbye to people before I leave London.
Not actually flying till 30 Sep but moving to my mum's for a month to give her a chance to get really sick of me!
Good luck with everything and let me know how PSS do! I have stocked up on teabags and biscuits in readiness for their arrival.
Parrot
We're also flying on the 30/9. Our flight leaves at midday with Malaysian airlines. PSS are coming on the 4/9 so I've got next week to ditch all the unwanted bits and pieces.

Will be watching everyone else's progress with PSS with interest. Already made a mental note of the tea and coffee!

Steph
Old Aug 24th 2003, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Paul & Steph - don't ditch too much like us, it costs a fortune to buy everything again. You tend to think things are cheap, some are, but not when you have to buy lots of stuff, it soon adds up!

Good luck to all making the move soon. Our packers were brilliant and used all available spaces to pack.

Loopy
Old Aug 25th 2003, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Jacko, have a safe trip
Regards
Mash...

Originally posted by The Jacksons

Sarah
Old Aug 26th 2003, 9:06 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

We've got Avalon coming around to move our stuff out next week. Hoping to exchange contracts this week, if not then things will get interesting...

Bought my Jeyes in the weekend, so now we have a week to clean all garden stuff and generally sort out everything.

Good luck to everyone else at the same stage..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.