Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

a packed up.. still no visa

a packed up.. still no visa

Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:22 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default a packed up.. still no visa

well the house has sold, john masons came today and packed up our wordly goods and they are now sleeping happily in storage as we await our visa. (august applicants)

I have to say i cant fault john masons so far, the lads that came today were fantastic and val in the office has been very efficient. I wanted to cry as our furniture drove up the road, next time we will see it will be in oz. We are now at mother in laws and i have a dongle for my internet lol.

I feel sad at moving this time (we had sale collapse last yr after already moving long story). Now im panicking what if we dont get visa lol. Everything is set, need to sus out exchaning money etc but wow its like a big step has already taken place..just give me the visa

My advise to anyone about to get packers in, sort sort sort early. We had huge lists and still mistakes were made (not on packers my husband in his wisdom decided certain things were taken to mils which were not meant to be) oh well they were not that important but be organised, clean everything, we did in advance made it so much easier, i.e pictures on wall etc.

It went quite smoothly really, i guess we were lucky x
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: a packed up.. still no visa

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
well the house has sold, john masons came today and packed up our wordly goods and they are now sleeping happily in storage as we await our visa. (august applicants)

I have to say i cant fault john masons so far, the lads that came today were fantastic and val in the office has been very efficient. I wanted to cry as our furniture drove up the road, next time we will see it will be in oz. We are now at mother in laws and i have a dongle for my internet lol.

I feel sad at moving this time (we had sale collapse last yr after already moving long story). Now im panicking what if we dont get visa lol. Everything is set, need to sus out exchaning money etc but wow its like a big step has already taken place..just give me the visa

My advise to anyone about to get packers in, sort sort sort early. We had huge lists and still mistakes were made (not on packers my husband in his wisdom decided certain things were taken to mils which were not meant to be) oh well they were not that important but be organised, clean everything, we did in advance made it so much easier, i.e pictures on wall etc.

Good for you, well I suppose it is another thing less to worry about. At least when you DO get your visas you will not have to worry about selling the house, unlike us :curse:
Good luck and all the best for the future.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

JUst think when that visa comes all you have to do is get on that plane and order a large one
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

With Alan Collett saying 9-12 months (maybe even longer) for visa grant at the moment I'm getting worried that selling the house now is going to be to early. If it takes 8 weeks for the sale 2 go through that still possibly leaves 12 weeks until August to find somewhere to live. Then again DIAC may decide to get a move on and shift the backlog before end of year on 30th June
Got shippers coming in for a quote next week so thanks for the tip!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

Originally Posted by steveandtina
JUst think when that visa comes all you have to do is get on that plane and order a large one
thats if they get a visa
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billymacker
thats if they get a visa

And if they don't all they have to do is buy a house and take their goods out of storage, no drama. Way better than having the visa and not being able to sell the house.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:59 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed the visa comes through soon. At least you will have the money in the bank earning some interest and when you get it you can be off to your new life.
We are just starting to sort things out now, house is going up for sale on Tuesday You dont realise how much stuff you have till you start going through it.

Good luck and all the best
Joex
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:20 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by billymacker
thats if they get a visa
thanks a bunch no resaon to suggest we wont, no major health issues, criminal issues work issues
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:29 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

Blimy. All that and you dont have the visa yet? Crazy.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by harrip
Blimy. All that and you dont have the visa yet? Crazy.
If house prices do fall as is predicted, it could be the best thing they ever did. Have you sold your house yet? I wish we'd sold ours.

Good luck Clare, there's no reason you won't get your visa hun.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:34 pm
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

I sold my UK house after I got my visa. Getting my visa took about 18 months and included an appeal process. Maybe I'm over cautious.