Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pacific Pines school/ park lake

Pacific Pines school/ park lake

Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:29 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pacific Pines school/ park lake

Hi there,

Just after opinions on the following schools:

Pacific Pines State School, and
Park Lake @ Pac Pines

I live on the border of Pac Pines and Oxenford, my daughter currently goes over to Biggera Waters, it's about a 40 min round trip each morning and afternoon. Originally we were reluctant to move her as the school is great but lately have had a couple of issues with the school, although we are still happy to send her there. Anyway, we've decided to look into our local schools, have ruled out a few of the local ones but want to look further into the schools at Pacific Pines, of which we are in the catchment area. Of course, this is also going to save us a heap of time and also petrol, which is an added bonus.

Also, has anyone moved their childs school part way through the year? We were also a little undecided as to whether to go straight into it, or stay at her present school until next year. She is currently in grade 2.

Thanks in advance

Marie
Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pacific Pines school/ park lake

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Hi there,

Just after opinions on the following schools:

Pacific Pines State School, and
Park Lake @ Pac Pines

I live on the border of Pac Pines and Oxenford, my daughter currently goes over to Biggera Waters, it's about a 40 min round trip each morning and afternoon. Originally we were reluctant to move her as the school is great but lately have had a couple of issues with the school, although we are still happy to send her there. Anyway, we've decided to look into our local schools, have ruled out a few of the local ones but want to look further into the schools at Pacific Pines, of which we are in the catchment area. Of course, this is also going to save us a heap of time and also petrol, which is an added bonus.

Also, has anyone moved their childs school part way through the year? We were also a little undecided as to whether to go straight into it, or stay at her present school until next year. She is currently in grade 2.

Thanks in advance

Marie
Unless there are real major issues with the school that are causing her upset then I'd be tempted to leave her there for the last term, it's only 10 weeks. Then she can start a new year at a new school and it won't be so disruptive - not that it should be too bad as she's grade 2.

Know nothing about the schools though, sorry