Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pacific Pines or North Lakes????

Pacific Pines or North Lakes????

Old Nov 30th 2010, 5:26 am
Just Joined

Piwi Chick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pacific Pines or North Lakes????

Hello friends of BE we are planning our move to OZ from NZ in the coming few months. We had always planned on Pacific Pines in the GC but now contemplating North Lakes in Brisbane. With never visiting either of these 2 places I could do with some advice. Our children are 14 and 12 and we are now experiencing that pleasure of parenthood where we can leave our boys for couple of hours in the afternoon to take off for a walk with the dog and a coffee!! I must admit both of us prefer the cafe city scene as long as we dont live in the CBD but do enjoy the beachy feel as well. I just need advice on where would be best for high schools, social life for our kids as well as ourselves. We are poms that immigrated to NZ 9 years ago so we do enjoy a bit of a social life. My husband is a soccer coach so we would love to be near a good happening soccer club!! lol!! Any ideas folks???
Old Nov 30th 2010, 6:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pacific Pines or North Lakes????

Only you can decide. You need to come over and spend time in both Neither of them are close to beaches though but I imagine you know that. I wouldn't live in either so my opinion counts for nothing.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 7:24 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Only you can decide. You need to come over and spend time in both Neither of them are close to beaches though but I imagine you know that. I wouldn't live in either so my opinion counts for nothing.
isnt pac pines full of jocks
Old Nov 30th 2010, 7:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
isnt pac pines full of jocks
Seems like it.
Originally Posted by tomdick
Good Joke............
Who's joking
Old Dec 1st 2010, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piwi Chick
Hello friends of BE we are planning our move to OZ from NZ in the coming few months. We had always planned on Pacific Pines in the GC but now contemplating North Lakes in Brisbane. With never visiting either of these 2 places I could do with some advice. Our children are 14 and 12 and we are now experiencing that pleasure of parenthood where we can leave our boys for couple of hours in the afternoon to take off for a walk with the dog and a coffee!! I must admit both of us prefer the cafe city scene as long as we dont live in the CBD but do enjoy the beachy feel as well. I just need advice on where would be best for high schools, social life for our kids as well as ourselves. We are poms that immigrated to NZ 9 years ago so we do enjoy a bit of a social life. My husband is a soccer coach so we would love to be near a good happening soccer club!! lol!! Any ideas folks???
Both places are a long way from the "cafe city scene" so you may find other places more suitable that are a lot closer in to the city. Both those places you mentioned are more far outer suburbia with outings to the shopping mall. They still may suit you though?

Last edited by fish.01; Dec 1st 2010 at 11:04 am.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

don't know about north lakes put pac pines is full of kiwis (if that's what you want) - oh, and there's the odd notorious scottish person or two there too!!

stu
Old Dec 1st 2010, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Neither are my personal cup of tea, both are new large housing estates.

North Lakes is only a 10 - 15 minute drive from the redcliffe pensinsula beaches. Not pure white sand and surf but all the beach activities like sailing, fishing, swimming lagoon, miles of walks, parks, beachfront BBQs etc. That area puts you in a good area for work too, youve got brisbane one way and the large caboolture region and large northern suburbs all around. Like any fringe of city area traffic is busy though.