Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pacific Pines - Gold Coast Anyone?

Pacific Pines - Gold Coast Anyone?

Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of
Default Pacific Pines - Gold Coast Anyone?

Hi is anyone living in Pacific Pines? Are there any good primary schools? would you recommend?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pacific Pines - Gold Coast Anyone?

Originally Posted by nbn8
Hi is anyone living in Pacific Pines? Are there any good primary schools? would you recommend?
Hi,

We are hoping to go to Pacific Pines. We are heading to the GC while validating our visa in April. Donavan lives in Pacific Pines and was a family featured on WDU. She is a lovely lady and only to happy to answer any questions. We have 2 kids, 8 & 5 and I believe the schools are great in that area. Can't wait to look around the area as it seems to be the kind of place that would suit us. Best of luck with your move. We plan to be in Oz permanantly later in the year around July.
Helena
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

There are loads of people on here from pac pines: Soapy is another one and is very helpful too..
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:45 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

There are 3 Primary schools in the area Pacific Pines Primary http://pacificpinesss.eq.edu.au/wcmss/ , Park Lakes Primary http://pacificpinesss.eq.edu.au/wcmss/ , Gaven Primary http://www.gavenss.eq.edu.au/ and Jubilee http://www.jubileeprimary.qld.edu.au/dev/default.asp and only one High School in the immediate area Pacific Pines High School http://www.pacificpinesshs.eq.edu.au/. Of those only Jubilee is Private.

and look here for general info on the area http://www.stockland.com.au/Resident...icPines/About/

There......that should keep you busy for a while :0)

Jan

Last edited by Jan4kids; Jan 29th 2009 at 10:59 pm.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 1:54 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

I would also recommend that you make no firm decisions until you get here.....there is no pressure to enrol (apart from keeping your sanity I suppose) and it is all faaaaar less formal here. Go and see all the schools and pick up on local opinions, try sitting outside at home-time and observe the behavior kind of things....and even the best plans don't always work out.....many schools are 'zoned' (have a catchment area) and you may be unable to secure accommodation in that area etc etc

I would strongly advise planning waaay ahead for High School zones when deciding where to live.

You might well get here and not like the area at all

Jan (speaking from experience and sporting the grey hairs)
Old Jan 30th 2009, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jan3kids
I would also recommend that you make no firm decisions until you get here.....there is no pressure to enrol (apart from keeping your sanity I suppose) and it is all faaaaar less formal here. Go and see all the schools and pick up on local opinions, try sitting outside at home-time and observe the behavior kind of things....and even the best plans don't always work out.....many schools are 'zoned' (have a catchment area) and you may be unable to secure accommodation in that area etc etc

I would strongly advise planning waaay ahead for High School zones when deciding where to live.

You might well get here and not like the area at all

Jan (speaking from experience and sporting the grey hairs)
Jan

Thanks for the advice. Where do you live? NIcky
Old Jan 30th 2009, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi,

We are hoping to go to Pacific Pines. We are heading to the GC while validating our visa in April. Donavan lives in Pacific Pines and was a family featured on WDU. She is a lovely lady and only to happy to answer any questions. We have 2 kids, 8 & 5 and I believe the schools are great in that area. Can't wait to look around the area as it seems to be the kind of place that would suit us. Best of luck with your move. We plan to be in Oz permanantly later in the year around July.
Helena
Helena

Good luck with your move. Have you been to P Pines area before? Are you going to work when you get out there? Nicky
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Helena

Good luck with your move. Have you been to P Pines area before? Are you going to work when you get out there? Nicky
Hi Nicky,

We have never been to Oz before so we are excited to look around. My brother has lived in Oz for 20 years and loves it. He is in the Sunshine Coast. My OH is a baker and I hope to get p/t retail or office work as that is what I have done all my working life. Where are you guys heading?

Helena
Old Jan 30th 2009, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future

Hi myself and my family moved to Pacific Pines in December 08. My son (6) has just started Year 1 at Pacific Pines Primary and he had a good first week, it is a big school yes but he will get used to it. His new teacher i have just found out is from the UK as well. My daughter (4) has just started nursery and had a good first day as well thank goodness, i really thought there might be lots of tears!

We think the area is great as you are within distance of everything all the theme parks the great beaches, shopping centres, mountains and lots more.

All our neighbours are really friendly and have helped us settle in very well. (hope they have not got sick of al the questions we ask them!) Have not met many other people yet so if anyone would like to meet up that would be great, jut PM me and if i can help with any other questions.

Nicola
Old Jan 31st 2009, 12:49 pm
Jan4kids

Jan

Thanks for the advice. Where do you live? NIcky
Hi Nicky, I live just on the outskirts of Pac Pines in a place called Gaven.

The area that Pacific Pines now occupies was all once Gaven.....there are still some small strips of it left here and there lol! Some locals refer to Pacfic Pines as 'Pacific no Pines' as alot of the Pine Forest that was there has now been cleared.......

Gaven doesn't have a good reputation/name, but where I am is just fine for our needs and I have great neighbours too :0)

Best Wishes,

Jan

Jan