Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ozzy tv/monitor - uk comp

Ozzy tv/monitor - uk comp

Old Apr 23rd 2005, 11:08 am
Just Joined

paygee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ozzy tv/monitor - uk comp

Does anyone know if there is a problem with using a Ozzy monitor with a UK computer system.
My (uk) monitor has just took the knock , so i thought i`d use my LCD tv ( which can be used as a monitor ) but i`m having problems , it starts up and you see the XP bit but then it goes blank and it says `no video input ` but all the leads are connected properly .
Any ideas??????
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 11:13 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ozzy tv/monitor - uk comp

Originally Posted by paygee
Does anyone know if there is a problem with using a Ozzy monitor with a UK computer system.
My (uk) monitor has just took the knock , so i thought i`d use my LCD tv ( which can be used as a monitor ) but i`m having problems , it starts up and you see the XP bit but then it goes blank and it says `no video input ` but all the leads are connected properly .
Any ideas??????
I shouldn't think you would have a problem connecting a monitor bought in Oz to a PC sold in the UK.

As for your other problem, you get the 'no input signal' message when the resolution of the output from the PC is too high (or sometimes low) for the screen to handle. When you start the computer, just before the XP screen appears, press F8 on the keyboard and then choose 'VGA Mode' using the arrow keys and return. When you get into Windows, go to the Display properties in Control Panel and change the resolution to 800x600, then reboot.

Once you get back into Windows, you can experiment with what your LCD TV can handle. Or better still, check in the manual
Old Aug 9th 2005, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

hi we have an oz monitor hooked up to our uk computer - it works fine

hth

pootle26
Old Aug 9th 2005, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

I would thinks all computer equipment is the same the world over. The only thing you need to do with your computer on arrivial in Australia is change the power cable, as you would have trouble fitting the plug into the socket!!!