Ozzy Reccie

Old Sep 1st 2008, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

HullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the rough
Default Ozzy Reccie

Hi All

The Family and I are planning a 3 week reccie next april to get a better look at ozzy and which city to hang out hat.

We are looking at booking with Freedom Australia who do a 19 day 4 city package where you spend 4 days in each of Perth, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane which would cover all bases.

Just wondering if anyone had used them before and if anyone had been on the 19 day 4 city package who could give me some reviews or recommend another company.

Cheers
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:11 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ozzy Reccie

I cannot but think an organised tour is going to cost you more and be too structured. Just my thoughts anyway.

However you could get their itinerary ie flights etc and do it yourself?

Would they be driving you around every suburb in a big bus? or leaving you to explore the city by yourselfs via foot/public transport/hire your own vehicle?
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

HullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
I cannot but think an organised tour is going to cost you more and be too structured. Just my thoughts anyway.

However you could get their itinerary ie flights etc and do it yourself?

Would they be driving you around every suburb in a big bus? or leaving you to explore the city by yourselfs via foot/public transport/hire your own vehicle?
The time is your own during your stay in the cities. You just book the flights and accom
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:25 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HullyBullys
The time is your own during your stay in the cities. You just book the flights and accom
Out of interest what are they quoting you in terms of cost?

What accomodation have they got in mind for each city?
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Out of interest what are they quoting you in terms of cost?

What accomodation have they got in mind for each city?
We havn't got a quote yet, we are waiting to talk to them.

You can tailor your trip as much as you want from what i believe.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 12:25 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Geelong gent. Will be interesting to see what they quote you.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 12:33 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I'd be booking hotels and flights myself. Giving me the choice of frequent flyer points earning and where I stay, rather than who an agent has (financial) arrangements with.

In today's internet travel business there is no real benefit to using an agent anymore. I just think that some people feel more comfortable dealing with a person than clicking online. I'd just rather click myself.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Centurion
Personally I'd be booking hotels and flights myself. Giving me the choice of frequent flyer points earning and where I stay, rather than who an agent has (financial) arrangements with.

In today's internet travel business there is no real benefit to using an agent anymore. I just think that some people feel more comfortable dealing with a person than clicking online. I'd just rather click myself.
we will be looking into that also.

Any suggestions to airlines best for a return trip but lets you fly into Perth and out of Brisbane?
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Any suggestions to airlines best for a return trip but lets you fly into Perth and out of Brisbane?
Singapore Airlines.
We are flying from London into Sydney next week and returning from Melbourne. It is called an Open-Jaw booking.
It cost about an extra $50 altogether for the 3 of us.
The whole price was very reasonable with Singapore.
Good luck with your reccie. Ours is next week and we can't wait.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Most will offer that, you just need to go to websites and click the further options button for that.

We flew to Perth with Cathay Pacific and then couple of internal flights to Brisbane and Melbourne booked seperately one with Virgin Blue and the other Jetstar I think, then back to Brisbane for flight home with Cathay Pacific, personally would book your own way. Enjoy your trip