Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ozzie version of amazon

ozzie version of amazon

Old May 10th 2010, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

mark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to behold
Default ozzie version of amazon

I used Amazon a lot in the UK as it sells virtually everything at a really good price and with free delivery. They don't seem to deliver to Australia though. Anyone come across an Ozzie version of this?
Old May 10th 2010, 11:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ozzie version of amazon

Originally Posted by mark wool
I used Amazon a lot in the UK as it sells virtually everything at a really good price and with free delivery. They don't seem to deliver to Australia though. Anyone come across an Ozzie version of this?
They do deliver here! Certainly books, DVDs, CDs, though some of the electrical stuff I know they won't do, so it depends what you're buying.
There isn't an Aussie equivalent.....though I think it would do well if they opened one, judging by the number of times the question gets asked on here!
Old May 10th 2010, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

You can get the uk site to deliver but your best bet is to use the american site. I have bought stuff from there, most recently a kindle ebook reader and theres never been any problems delivering to aus. I still use the amazon uk site to deliver and wrap presents for people living in uk
Old May 10th 2010, 11:14 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

There is no Aussie version unfortunately. Amazon UK deliver books, CDs, DVDs to Australia. Amazon USA delivery more - some electronics for example.
Old May 10th 2010, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

Last Christmas while searching for presents for the kids and OH I came across a few internet sites that do discount goods, obviously not the same as Amazon but home delivery was pretty fast.

www.crazysales.com.au
www.oo.com.au
www.factoryfast.com.au
www.dealsdirect.com.au

For books you can't go past: www.bookdepository.com
Old May 10th 2010, 12:40 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I get my UK favourite DVDs from Amazon UK and they deliver to oz. didn't have to wait too long either.
Old May 10th 2010, 12:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

There is a Minnow in the lake

http://www.fishpond.com.au/

They do games and toys as well.

Check out the spiel.... ."all our prices are better than Amazon guaranteed"

Last edited by ozzieeagle; May 10th 2010 at 1:01 pm.
Old May 10th 2010, 1:57 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Amazon is big in the UK partly because of price pressure from grey imports, VAT free sales from Jersey, cheap delivery and being in the EU (market ten times the size of Oz). None of that exists in Oz.
Old May 10th 2010, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

stuart.and.michelle will become famous soon enoughstuart.and.michelle will become famous soon enough

What kind of delivery costs are there for using amazon uk whilst in Oz? I know if you order in excess of £15 you get free deliveries in the uk.
Old May 13th 2010, 5:24 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
There is a Minnow in the lake

http://www.fishpond.com.au/

They do games and toys as well.

Borders have recently announced the same scheme. There seems to be a catch in that it only applies to one book. As we know it is better to order multiple books from Amazon as the shipping costs get cheaper. Don't know how that would work with this scheme.

I was just in Borders and they are promoting their new Kobo e-reader. It looks good, probably not as good as the Kindle but they are selling it for $199, which is a pretty good price. I might get one.

Last edited by Amazulu; May 13th 2010 at 6:03 am.
Old May 13th 2010, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

I was recently pointed in the direction of www.thenile.com.au

It looks good, but I haven't ordered anything yet.
Old May 13th 2010, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I was just in Borders and they are promoting their new Kobo e-reader. It looks good, probably not as good as the Kindle but they are selling it for $199, which is a pretty good price. I might get one.
get the amazon one instead its great and is on its second generation. It has a great store behind it as well, you can buy a book and have it appear wirelessly within seconds. Or if you dont like to buy them you can get books or documents and transfer them yourself for free
Old May 13th 2010, 8:38 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Not even close to being better than Amazon.
Old May 13th 2010, 9:12 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

We've always ordered from Amazon USA for books. I'll definitely check out some of the others though I have used OO.com.au for quite a few things and their service is great.
Old May 13th 2010, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

the bookdepository.com (also .co.uk) is good and offers prices incl delivery- so often cheaper here than Amazon.

And they deliver within a week- at least that has been my experience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.