Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ozzie bank acc and sort codes?

ozzie bank acc and sort codes?

Old Aug 30th 2006, 2:43 pm
sunseekers

sunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to all
Default ozzie bank acc and sort codes?

ive found a furnished rental and need to send some money as a deposit to an ozzie bank account before i try can someone tell me is "BSB 123 123" the ozzie equivalent of our sort code and will it still go through if i put it in our format eg 12 31 23 ,because my online bank wont accept the ozzie format

hope this makes sense !
Old Aug 30th 2006, 3:17 pm
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ozzie bank acc and sort codes?

Originally Posted by sunseekers
ive found a furnished rental and need to send some money as a deposit to an ozzie bank account before i try can someone tell me is "BSB 123 123" the ozzie equivalent of our sort code and will it still go through if i put it in our format eg 12 31 23 ,because my online bank wont accept the ozzie format

hope this makes sense !
yes thats the sorting code alright. but not sure if it will go through. it should tell you when you got to submit the request
i went to my branch to transfer money over and they are useless. they did it first time with no hastles.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tucs
yes thats the sorting code alright. but not sure if it will go through. it should tell you when you got to submit the request
i went to my branch to transfer money over and they are useless. they did it first time with no hastles.
Although I don't think you need to put the "BSB" in - it's the equivalent of "Sort Code" - you should only need to quote the 6 digit number.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute

hope this makes sense !
My online account wont let me set up transfers abroad - have to use the telephone banking service instead. This is because they like to check the details are deffo correct, tell you there is a fee to exchange, what the exchange rate for today is and to tell you that once sent cant get back! and are you deffo sure the details are correct.

Paula
Old Aug 30th 2006, 9:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that is the format of a BSB, which is the equivalent of a sort code. You can't send direct from an ordinary UK bank account though.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 10:16 pm
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yes that is the format of a BSB, which is the equivalent of a sort code. You can't send direct from an ordinary UK bank account though.
i managed to send direct from Ireland and i would have thought it would be the same in the uk,
asked me for
BIC / SWIFT code
Routing code (this is the BSB no.)
and of course the bank account no.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road

hope this makes sense !
If you are sending money international and want an easy life, the receiving account must have a swift / BIC code and BSB and A/C No. Not all account have a swift No. The swift code should be something like CBAXXXXXX, ANZAUXXXX (X's could be any number in length)

Get the person in Aus to go into a branch and ask the teller for the Swift number for thier account.

Get the Swift, BSB, A/C No and ADDRESS OF BRANCH in AUS and FAX the request to your bank. Also state if you want Dollars or pounds transfered.

a few days later the money should appear in the account. Also be aware that some Aussie banks CHARGE for a deposit of money from Overseas.

BSB in aus are xxx-xxx besure to have this as well. Some banks quote xxxx as there bsb, they forget to add their bank id code(xx) at the start and assume you know it.