Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ozzie attitude to Brits

Ozzie attitude to Brits

Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:56 pm
Banned

techieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ozzie attitude to Brits

Brits abroad will always be foreigners....I would n't worry too muh about what the Aussies think
Old Sep 7th 2008, 10:17 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by techieguy
Brits abroad will always be foreigners....I would n't worry too muh about what the Aussies think
But at the very least, don't wear a hanky with knots in the corners on your head when visiting the beach - and swap the string vest out for a rashie.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

The only time I can recall a problem in Aus was years go (94) in a nightclub in Surfers. This pissed up twat told me to bugger off back home or words to that effect. By the time I'd finished with him (being a pissed up twat myself), he was apologising profusely
Old Sep 7th 2008, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bu1lder
GOD what am i gonna do with my BAAAAAAARNSLEY accent?

i can teach you Mancunian for a fee.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Gav_71;6758561]Not at all! I just think the Gold Coast is pretty rough to be honest!

Like I said, Brisbane is fine! Must just be a GC thing!

Yeah Gav, the coast has been having a lot of problems lately with drunks and fighting. Just out of curiosity, where were you drinking when you had the hassle?
Old Sep 7th 2008, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rabsody
The only time I can recall a problem in Aus was years go (94) in a nightclub in Surfers. This pissed up twat told me to bugger off back home or words to that effect. By the time I'd finished with him (being a pissed up twat myself), he was apologising profusely

I experienced this the other day!!! A pissed up twat ( actually a GC well known real esate agent) told me to get back where I came from!! How I laughed!!! Was that the best she could do.....

That was outside a posh restaurant though... Maybe she'd been chucked out of surfers!!
Old Sep 7th 2008, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy

There are a lot of posters here from the GC, perhaps you need to change your group? (Although the posters on here are likely to be just as rough)
No, rougher.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 11:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Looking at your pic Gav i have to assume its your face
I think Gav's the pretty boy on the right.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 11:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bu1lder
GOD what am i gonna do with my BAAAAAAARNSLEY accent?
Sign language?

Or alternatively just point at what you want and shout loudly.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future

i have had no real problems most of the guys take the piss a bit so i just return the favour and we end up having a laugh. Just tell em to get on their bike, after all they'll need the practice for 2012
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

brissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond repute

I was out on a stag do with 12 Aussies and unfortunately most of them were a nightmare.

Really arrogant and constatntly trying to offend, without the humour to back it up.

When we started to slag them back a few of them got really aggresive, we thought it might come to blows.

Its just an unfortaunate thing about Aussie male culture, god knows Glasgow had its fair share of twats when you were out.

Its a shame, because i love the way Aussies are straight up and down, no lies in them. The best friend ive made here so far is an Aussie, it was his stag do, and he totally agrees. he didnt want us to meet some of his friends because they could be so cringeworthy when drunk.

I guess my point is theres good and bad everywhere, its part and parcel of going out drinking which is a shame.

I have to agree though ive experienced very little trouble in Brisbane, with the exception of being called a "Scottish Dickhead" by a rugby player in Indroopilly. This guy was huge, which is lucky for him!
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:58 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Makes me laugh when Aussies are racist against the Brits. Their own family will mostly be Brits probably
Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:01 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

GC is bogan central - it's like a black hole or something which draws them all in.

Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

carzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud of

I was delivering Avon to a customer one evening. She wasn't in but her mate drove up, come to visit her on the off chance she'd be there. She tried to call my customer from her car to leave a message....."I'm here to visit you" she says "and there's a woman here with your take-away". "It's Avon" I said....she glances at me, then speaks in to the moby again..."it's Evonne with your take-away". LOL

It's less funny when people stare at me blankly, not a clue what I'm saying....makes me feel like I'm from outer space he he
Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by carzinoz
I was delivering Avon to a customer one evening. She wasn't in but her mate drove up, come to visit her on the off chance she'd be there. She tried to call my customer from her car to leave a message....."I'm here to visit you" she says "and there's a woman here with your take-away". "It's Avon" I said....she glances at me, then speaks in to the moby again..."it's Evonne with your take-away". LOL

It's less funny when people stare at me blankly, not a clue what I'm saying....makes me feel like I'm from outer space he he
man you should write these down and put them in a book

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.