Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ozforex referee information

Ozforex referee information

Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

ashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really niceashwood is just really nice
Default Ozforex referee information

Hi,

I want to create an Ozforex account, but am struggling with the Individual Client Form. They want a referee who is in the phone book and has known me for more than 12 months, and who can verify my details

Do I give my parents' details? I emailed Ozforex, and they suggested my employer. But I doubt my line manager would be in a position to verify my personal details if they gave him a call, and who knows if he's in the phone book? This seems a bizarre requirement.

Any ideas?
Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:22 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Ozforex referee information

Originally Posted by ashwood
Hi,

I want to create an Ozforex account, but am struggling with the Individual Client Form. They want a referee who is in the phone book and has known me for more than 12 months, and who can verify my details

Do I give my parents' details? I emailed Ozforex, and they suggested my employer. But I doubt my line manager would be in a position to verify my personal details if they gave him a call, and who knows if he's in the phone book? This seems a bizarre requirement.

Any ideas?
Very bizarre. We used OZforex and i opened an account with them on-line. No references required at all.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:51 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Think they just want someone to call to verify who you are if necessary. Anyone will do I think.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 3:22 am

mgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ashwood
Hi,

Any ideas?
It is just part of our information collection for all the Anti Money Laundering laws we are required to comply with (UK and Aus). The referee could be back in the UK or in Australia, its unlikely we would call the referee unless we thought a customer was behaving suspiciously. Since we dont see customers face to face very often we have some additional checks we need to do to be compliant.

Apologies for the extra hassle it causes.

Regards
Matt Gilmour
MD OzForex
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold

I put the father in law down and this was accepted
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:48 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I put down a friend.

It doesn't matter who it is - as long as they are in the phone book and have known you for 12 months.

They friend was never contacted by OzForex.

Gina
Old Sep 5th 2007, 10:28 am
Just Joined

lindy_thom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I had to do this some time ago, have you tried your local bank? is this for copies of your passport to certify who you are? If so apparently your local post office can do it aswell!

hope this helps

linda x