Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ozforex is not bad

Wikiposts

ozforex is not bad

Old May 31st 2004, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

thebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the rough
Default ozforex is not bad

Ozforex foreign exchange is better than hifx today
incase this is of any use to
anyone ?

not by that much but every penny or should i say cent !
counts
Old May 31st 2004, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

We rang HIFX tonight to get a rate from them. They offered us 2.54 something.

We then rang First Direct (who we bank with in the UK) and they offered us 2.561.

We exchanged with First Direct!!

Regards
Old Jun 1st 2004, 5:41 am
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jaykay
We rang HIFX tonight to get a rate from them. They offered us 2.54 something.

We then rang First Direct (who we bank with in the UK) and they offered us 2.561.

We exchanged with First Direct!!

Regards
Hi, I used First Direct on friday to transfer $2000 to HSBC OZ to open a bank account, they charged a flat fee of £10 and the rate was $2.527, which I wasn't going to squabble over for a small amount of cash, I was thinkin about ringing them for the big one when the time comes, Was yours a sizeable transaction and did they charge, pm me if you prefer to keep it private, cheers, would be grateful for any info.
ps we are also Melbourne bound real soon
Old Jun 1st 2004, 7:08 am
Just Joined

barbie boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Hi has anyone tried http://www.currencies.co.uk/ they are giving a good rate and if you want to pre order your dollars you only have to pay 6% deposit rather than 10% with HIFX.

Kev
Old Jun 1st 2004, 10:42 am
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There ya all

We found this website www.tranzfers.com although not used them as yet but they seem very popular on past threads. They seem to give a very quick service and only charge £7.00 for any denomination of money transfered (and will also do small amounts).

Good luck
Old Jun 1st 2004, 10:44 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by GillettFamily
Hi There ya all

We found this website www.tranzfers.com although not used them as yet but they seem very popular on past threads. They seem to give a very quick service and only charge £7.00 for any denomination of money transfered (and will also do small amounts).

Good luck

Pollyana uses them on a monthly basis I believe - she'd probably be able to give you a good review