Oz Visit!

Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

mr_baz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oz Visit!

Hi all,

I am hoping to tap into some of the wealth of knowledge that seems to hang out on this forum

We are considering making the move to Oz but want to visit the place first (I know some say its not necessary but it is for me!). Hopefully we will be going for 3 weeks in June (subject to availability! although i know its cool/colder then), looking at a couple of weeks Brisbane and possibly a week in Sydney. We are primarily looking at Brisbane as somewhere to possibly settle.

Anyone on here got any advice for the recce? Where's a good starting point accommodation (2 adults and a soon to be 2 year old - OMG the flights with a 2 year old!!!!!!)?

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom you hopefully have!!!

Cheers,

Baz
Old Mar 5th 2007, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice
Default Re: Oz Visit!

Hi Mr Baz

Firstly congratulations on considering Brissy as your new home - we moved here in Oct 2005 and find we've definitely made a good choice in where to settle. We travelled around on our recci - Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne and Brissy - combination of flights and motor home and lots of driving, and loved Brissy the best - friendly people, endless blue skies, and every weekend you can go to the beach and pretend your on holiday! With regard to accommodation, we have a small homestay business if you're interested which is a large ensuite room, purpose built in our brand new home - will easily sleep 3 - with own patio, private entrance, fully lockable away from the rest of the house, use of spa etc - we're located in Mango Hill (opposite North Lakes estate) which is an area many Brits choose to settle - it's a lovely area. We'd be happy to talk further - if you want more details and photos etc. send us a private messagge.

Good luck