Reload this Page >

OZ TV slightly worrying.

Wikiposts

OZ TV slightly worrying.

Old May 14th 2003, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default OZ TV slightly worrying.

Sat down to watch some show last night called Airport. Lo and behold who should step off the plane but Princess Di. Rather Spooky eh?

Is there some law in OZ that prevents them showing anything that was actually made this century? Dont worry about bringing your TV's over you'll probably throw them out the window after a month here.
Old May 14th 2003, 2:21 pm
Bilbo

"Commercial" TV is for the lowestest denominator, then there's the Aunty Pom Channel and the Wog Channel both with an occassional watchable show.

Old May 14th 2003, 2:22 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OZ TV slightly worrying.

Originally posted by dotty
Sat down to watch some show last night called Airport. Lo and behold who should step off the plane but Princess Di. Rather Spooky eh?

Is there some law in OZ that prevents them showing anything that was actually made this century? Dont worry about bringing your TV's over you'll probably throw them out the window after a month here.
I saw that too! couldn't believe it, those two journos could be dead too for all we know. Please tell me we watched it on channel 21 on Foxtel and not that it was a prime time show on the main networks. I couldnt remember
Old May 14th 2003, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

We saw it on some Pay TV channel, thats right we Paid for that. It was on at 9pm I think.

Pay TV is loosing favour with me fast, after 6 months you realise it is just the same shows repeated over again. Time after time, you see shows with people in it who are Dead, I mean long dead.
Nobody will believe me but I see shows here I can remember vaguely from when I was a little girl in London. Also really annoying are shows that talk about" when we reach the New Millenium".
Old May 14th 2003, 2:37 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Was that on national TV? Because Cable is just as bad, I only keep it for the BBC and CNN, Discovery and sports. I'm paying $52 dollars a month for the privilege. Repeats and repeats.

I was watching a travel doc to china the other day (lifestyle channel I think it was) . The bloke first went through Hong kong on his way to china, and he said "when it goes back to Chinese rule in 97" - lol ,gawd knows how old this travel program was. It's like living in a time warp here. I never watch national TV (except for who want's to be a millionaire - which is good for a laugh sometimes) too many adverts and cr*p aussie police soaps.

cheers
Old May 14th 2003, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ceri
Was that on national TV? Because Cable is just as bad, I only keep it for the BBC and CNN, Discovery and sports. I'm paying $52 dollars a month for the privilege. Repeats and repeats.

I was watching a travel doc to china the other day (lifestyle channel I think it was) . The bloke first went through Hong kong on his way to china, and he said "when it goes back to Chinese rule in 97" - lol ,gawd knows how old this travel program was. It's like living in a time warp here. I never watch national TV (except for who want's to be a millionaire - which is good for a laugh sometimes) too many adverts and cr*p aussie police soaps.

cheers

Eddie McGuire is a lot more likeable than Tarrant eh? He has genuine charm and doesn't seem to look down on the punters like Tarrant.
Old May 14th 2003, 2:55 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Slippers
Eddie McGuire is a lot more likeable than Tarrant eh? He has genuine charm and doesn't seem to look down on the punters like Tarrant.
Like when Tarrant says "£16,000, that's a lot of money" and you can tell he's actually thinking "£16,000, that's what I just earned saying that sentence!"

He was good in Tiswas though.
Old May 14th 2003, 3:03 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Slippers
I've never seen the Brit one - I only know tarrant from OT (I think it was called that -the late night programme which got taken off the air because of Mary whitehouse)(remember that?) and Tizwas

Must agree though - I'd rather "root" for Eddie - , if only all Aussie men were like that.

cheers
Old May 14th 2003, 3:35 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I've never seen the Brit one - I only know tarrant from OT (I think it was called that -the late night programme which got taken off the air because of Mary whitehouse)(remember that?) and Tizwas

Must agree though - I'd rather "root" for Eddie - , if only all Aussie men were like that.

cheers

At least in the UK the prize money is better, not the 400,000GBP on offer here. And that Eddie McGuire reminds me of (sorry for getting a bit obscure here) of the bloke who hosted the Eurovision in that episode of Father Ted
Old May 14th 2003, 4:07 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by jayr
At least in the UK the prize money is better, not the 400,000GBP on offer here. And that Eddie McGuire reminds me of (sorry for getting a bit obscure here) of the bloke who hosted the Eurovision in that episode of Father Ted

I never watch father Ted. I don't find it all that funny (and I come from an Irish family/mum). I've watched it once - the only time I laughed was at that old scruffy guy who sits in the corner drunk. I think the episode I saw was something to do with a film in the local cinema that the church was trying to ban it. It's ok but not to my taste.

Here's another" Root "- fatty( footy show) - yes I have no taste!!! - but I do love "funny, charming men"
all time fav root - Al Pacino, old, wrinkles and all!

Gezee how did I get onto this subject -lol - enough of that!

Anyone here ever tried to get on millionaire? Australia must be the only place where the million hasn't gone off yet.- god it's painful to watch some of the contestants "it's wiser eating grass"

cheers
Old May 14th 2003, 4:25 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone here ever tried to get on millionaire?

No but (cough) do you (cough, cough) think I should (cough) try?
Old May 14th 2003, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

stone6 is an unknown quantity at this point

My son just told me, that the guywho cheated in who wants to be a millionaire commited suicide, ITV said they would pay for the funeral but not the coffin.......
Old May 14th 2003, 5:15 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Programmes are so dire because nobody watches them, far too busy having BBQs with your mates, surfing at the beach, getting a suntan and slip slop slapping, roaring about in a 4WD on Fraser Island, scuba diving off the Barrier Reef etc etc...it's the outdoor life for me, not sitting in front of the box.

Cheers - Don
Old May 14th 2003, 5:26 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by jayr
No but (cough) do you (cough, cough) think I should (cough) try?
come on - the questions are easy here, at least I think so - the only ones which sometimes b*gger me up are the easy ones- $1000 question like what's this "wiggle" real name (the wiggles - for anyone who doesn't know them, they are grown men prancing around in stupid skivvies (polo necks)and entertain kids by dancing and singing - bunch of pervs if you ask me) - I'd have to ask the stupid audience for that one, or I'd have to have my mates 6 year old kid as my phone a friend for things like the wiggles

Have you noticed here that the geography, and world general knowledge related questions really get them here. what was the question the other day, one bloke "the question was something like who usually heads a republic? he answered prime minister - went home with a thou bucks, thick b*gger (oops sorry - but he should know better - where was he during the republic debate here) . It's painful to watch. If I had the "guts" or "stupidity" I would try it myself - can't be bothered phoning up a million times though - they'd probably ask me a "wiggle question" -:scared: lol
Old May 14th 2003, 5:34 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Programmes are so dire because nobody watches them, far too busy having BBQs with your mates, surfing at the beach, getting a suntan and slip slop slapping, roaring about in a 4WD on Fraser Island, scuba diving off the Barrier Reef etc etc...it's the outdoor life for me, not sitting in front of the box.

Cheers - Don
good luck to you - it's absolutely P*ssing it down here at the moment - has been all last night, woke me up about 3am, driving to work was a nightmare!. Now it's starting again. Must check to see if my land hasn't washed away - I'm not joking! last heavy rains a few months back ,half of my land washed away where I'm building.

It's absouletly hammering down here in Brisbane as I speak.

Not good - I have a fishing comp on Queens Birthday which is soon(redland bay comp) (too much fresh - no good!)
cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.