British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   OZ TV homes shows (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/oz-tv-homes-shows-436983/)

45ure Mar 24th 2007 3:57 am

OZ TV homes shows

Are there any shows on Australian TV that are about people moving and finding new homes, similar to the UK ones such as 'relocation relocation' etc ?

If yes do you knows if they are 'downloadable' in any format ?

we're looking to emmigrate - going through visa process and have obviously been looking at real estate web pages etc but htought TV progs may also help

bezzanbob Mar 27th 2007 9:02 pm

Re: OZ TV homes shows

Originally Posted by 45ure (Post 4554485)
Are there any shows on Australian TV that are about people moving and finding new homes, similar to the UK ones such as 'relocation relocation' etc ?

we're looking to emmigrate - going through visa process and have obviously been looking at real estate web pages etc but htought TV progs may also help

Try the Property Chanel on Sky - the Auction Squad, Location location's Amazing Homes and the Block are on with some frequnecy.

A while ago there was a programme called Hot Auctions which was also decent viewing.

Bezza

kevinbloomfield Mar 27th 2007 10:32 pm

err, unless they make those sort of shows in the US it's unlikely they'll be on aussie TV. If you like CSI, Lost, Greys Anatomy and all the other US crap you'll have plenty to watch :-((

bridie Mar 27th 2007 10:44 pm

Not on terrestrial, dont know about Foxtel though.....

I agree with Kevin, too much American crap on, although must admit I do indulge in Grey's and Desperate Housewives... :o

Santa Mar 28th 2007 3:25 am

Plenty of English crap on the ABC if you want to watch TV, but no up sticks and move program, although I did see that show where the two guys, one white one Indian bought a house/wreck in France.

lfc4eva Mar 28th 2007 6:05 am

location location location on sky 279 is a different one to the channel 4 version, usually filmed in oz . 0n 662 (travel channel) there's a long advert on australia at the moment and shows some really beautiful places i didn't know existed (sorry to say)

45ure Mar 28th 2007 6:16 am

That's great thanks - I didn't know about sky 279etc -will take a look