OZ Tv

Old Nov 19th 2004, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

robert_c1970 is on a distinguished road
Talking OZ Tv

I've read loads of messages that slate OZ TV and was wondering if they have sky over there since its an Oz that owns it over here. Not that I'm bothered but its the other half she has bad dreams if there's not 947 channels to watch.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough
Default Re: OZ Tv

Originally Posted by robert_c1970
I've read loads of messages that slate OZ TV and was wondering if they have sky over there since its an Oz that owns it over here. Not that I'm bothered but its the other half she has bad dreams if there's not 947 channels to watch.

It's called Foxtel. And shows loads of the UKTV stuff.

But why be indoors watching TV when you have outside and lovely warm weather to be out and about doing things.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 5:47 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ushas

But why be indoors watching TV when you have outside and lovely warm weather to be out and about doing things.
Oh god, that will get the trolls out
Old Nov 19th 2004, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Oh god, that will get the trolls out

The trolls are always out there. It's just that sometimes they disguise themselves as normal human beings...

Sometimes however, you can catch them as their disguises slip and they let out some troll-like comment!
Old Nov 19th 2004, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

steve the man is on a distinguished road

uuuurrhh me troll what telly??
Old Nov 19th 2004, 11:49 pm
ABCDiamond

If you want to see what's on Australian TV, Free to Air, Foxtel, Optus and Austar, have a look at: http://tvguide.seven.com.au/start.php

Old Nov 19th 2004, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes

What about mid winter when its dark by five and bloody freezing?

A BBQ on a windswept beach perhaps? Or maybe a dip in the pool that all recently arrived POM migrants have in their acre sized backyard.
Old Nov 20th 2004, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eatstatic
Yes

A BBQ on a windswept beach perhaps? Or maybe a dip in the pool that all recently arrived POM migrants have in their acre sized backyard.

Ooooppps.

Apologies. I was thinking of those who are arriving when we are in Jan or there abouts and have lives during Winter.
Old Nov 20th 2004, 8:47 am
Go Power!!!!!

Multicoloured Crocodile is on a distinguished road

Hi
We've been in Oz for 10 months now and can honestly say that we've never been tempted by foxtel - we heard horror stories about the Tv here before we arrived but to be honest, we both think it's better than the UK! Uk Tv has slipped so much recently so think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you get to Oz!
By the way, everyone watches Tv alot over here whether your an Aussie or a Pom ! You'll find you slip into the same routines when you arrive in Oz - the sun shining/beaches/pool lifestyle is great for a holiday but when you work, you just wanna crash out with a beer in front of the telly.
Simon
Old Nov 20th 2004, 10:04 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by eatstatic
A serious question here. Which parts of Australia are freezing at 5.00 in the afternoon ?

Old Nov 20th 2004, 10:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
A serious question here. Which parts of Australia are freezing at 5.00 in the afternoon ?
Cradle Mountin, central Tasmania?
Old Nov 20th 2004, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Multicoloured Crocodile
Hi
We've been in Oz for 10 months now and can honestly say that we've never been tempted by foxtel - we heard horror stories about the Tv here before we arrived but to be honest, we both think it's better than the UK! Uk Tv has slipped so much recently so think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you get to Oz!
By the way, everyone watches Tv alot over here whether your an Aussie or a Pom ! You'll find you slip into the same routines when you arrive in Oz - the sun shining/beaches/pool lifestyle is great for a holiday but when you work, you just wanna crash out with a beer in front of the telly.
Simon

See now here's where I disagree. I lived in Oz for 28 years before moving to the UK and now we're going home. And I usually spent far more time outside enjoying things than inside watching the box. A deck chair, a book and a beer does far more for me.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Alan&Sonia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by robert_c1970
We decided not to buy a TV when we got here a year ago as we had heard about how terrible the tele was. We never missed it as we were busy organising our lives, out in the evenings having a barbie, walking or whatever, we actually talked a lot, more than we did in England when the TV was on all the time. But having said all that, come winter in Sydney when it is dark at 5 and cold and wet sometimes it was good to get a tele then. It just seems more homely in the winter with the tele on. We got Foxtel too, talk about one extreme to another. We went 8 months without the box and I could do it again but it's the other half, he likes the football and news. A great bonus here is that you don't have to pay for a TV licence.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:51 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

They have Foxtel Digital over here now also. Think it came on the market in March this year. Same idea as UK Syk digital, even the handsets are the same. Apparently 51% of Foxtel existing users now have signed up to digital, so it can't be too bad!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:09 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

South Pole.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.