Oz Tv!?!

Old Oct 16th 2004, 6:54 pm
  #1  
I'm watching YOU...
Thread Starter
 
thpinkpussycat's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Searching for The Doctor
Posts: 844
thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Oz Tv!?!

Not much is said about Ozzy TV, and to be honset there is not much to be said about it! But from what I remember when we were there 2 years ago although there was lots of crap, there were also a couple good shows, we really liked Rove and Kath and Kim

But when you think about it with all that good weather and out door living, who wants to be inside glued to the TV!

So when we get out there should we bin the TV?! (just don't tell my daughter!)
thpinkpussycat is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2004, 8:55 pm
  #2  
 
madsad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: pacific pines
Posts: 4,418
madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz Tv!?!

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
Not much is said about Ozzy TV, and to be honset there is not much to be said about it! But from what I remember when we were there 2 years ago although there was lots of crap, there were also a couple good shows, we really liked Rove and Kath and Kim

But when you think about it with all that good weather and out door living, who wants to be inside glued to the TV!

So when we get out there should we bin the TV?! (just don't tell my daughter!)

I wouldnt bin the Tv, actually glad my kids wont be glued to cbeebies from school end until the bed time hour!! instead running around the garden& knackered for their bed time!! (i hope?)
I think our tv will be used mainly for videos&dvd instead,we can even tell the neighbours "wot happens next in their fav soap; )
Donna.
madsad is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2004, 10:46 pm
  #3  
wombat42
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Oz Tv!?!

Perhaps our crap TV explains why we beat the Poms in most sports such as
cricket, because instead of siting at home on our fat arses watching East Enders etc. we are outdoors exercising or playing sport.

Last edited by wombat42; Oct 16th 2004 at 10:49 pm.
 
Old Oct 17th 2004, 12:08 am
  #4  
 
Siren & Brian's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Hillarys, Perth
Posts: 3,973
Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz Tv!?!

Originally Posted by wombat42
Perhaps our crap TV explains why we beat the Poms in most sports such as
cricket, because instead of siting at home on our fat arses watching East Enders etc. we are outdoors exercising or playing sport.

i cant believe he wrote that..... now your not going to get a more loyal and enthusiast lover of cricket and the Aussie cricketers than me but, the last time the Aussies played the Poms was in the ICC champions trophy, and it wasnt the Aussie that won
Siren & Brian is offline  
Old Oct 17th 2004, 10:22 am
  #5  
I'm watching YOU...
Thread Starter
 
thpinkpussycat's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Searching for The Doctor
Posts: 844
thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz Tv!?!

But lets be honset he has got a point, not about the cricket not a sports fan but didn't England beat the Ozzies?!

However childhood and adult Obesity is on the increase in this country, maybe if we had more cr*p tv we would be outside more! But then we have those long dark winter night when all you want to do is sit in front of the fire with a good bottle of wine

I am looking forward to cr*p tv and long hot summers and very mild winters, I want to totally embrace to the ozzie way of life, other wise what is the point isn't that why we are all so desperate to get out there!

See you all on the beach
PPC
thpinkpussycat is offline  
Old Oct 17th 2004, 10:34 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 68
JerrySpringer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oz Tv!?!

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
However childhood and adult Obesity is on the increase in this country, maybe if we had more cr*p tv we would be outside more! But then we have those long dark winter night when all you want to do is sit in front of the fire with a good bottle of wine
Do you think there is no obesity in Australia? I believe something like 1 in 5 Australian children under 10 is clinically obese. Australia has a very high obesity rate in general - depending on whose report you read, Australia is in the top 3 or 4 most obese nations, alongside the USA, UK and Mexico. (With or without 'statistics', Australia is becoming a very fat nation.)

Australia has great sporting prowess, but sit in your average office block and look at how many of your colleagues actually do any form of exercise (or how many are outside having a fag!!!)
JerrySpringer is offline  
Old Oct 17th 2004, 11:53 pm
  #7  
aussie73
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Oz Tv!?!

Originally Posted by wombat42
Perhaps our crap TV explains why we beat the Poms in most sports such as
cricket, because instead of siting at home on our fat arses watching East Enders etc. we are outdoors exercising or playing sport.
Americans are the fattest people in the world and Australians are second,
which means Australians are fatter then the British and talking of fat arses,
Wombat42, l have never seen a Wombat that did'nt have a fat arse.
 
Old Oct 18th 2004, 12:18 am
  #8  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 8,441
Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Oz Tv!?!

Originally Posted by wombat42
Perhaps our crap TV explains why we beat the Poms in most sports such as
cricket, because instead of siting at home on our fat arses watching East Enders etc. we are outdoors exercising or playing sport.
That reminds me, how is Shane Warne doing these days?

(sorry, had to cut the smilies out of your quote to get it to post)
Deadmeat is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2004, 12:27 am
  #9  
Account Closed
 
tonyk38's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Cairns, Qld.
Posts: 2,863
tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz Tv!?!

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
That reminds me, how is Shane Warne doing these days?

(sorry, had to cut the smilies out of your quote to get it to post)
One of the paradoxes of Aus's sporting reputation is that there are many Aussie sporting fans who don't play but do sit at home with the remote watching it on TV. I'm afraid obesity is alive and well in Aus, though having said that, there's no denying that you'll meet plenty of sporting types who do play......even cricket!
tonyk38 is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2004, 7:45 am
  #10  
A former regular of BE
 
worzel's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Carramar, Perth
Posts: 6,241
worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz Tv!?!

IMHO the Aussies are better at sports than us because of the weather and because they were not forced to do non-competitive sports at school / petrified of doing anything remotely dangerous because of the fear of being sued. Specifically re cricket - it is the Aussies national game while in England only a few public school boys and a few others play the game. Probably because schools like mine couldn't afford the gear. (And the weather again).

But as for the original question, McAuliff, Fat Pizza, Life Support too. After that there was the occassional Premiership match that was a noon kick off worth staying up for, then the next best was 15 year old repeats of Frost.

Wat is the SBS channel all about?? 8pm foreign language programme, 9pm English football, 10pm soft porn. What a mix!!!

But as so many of you say, with the Aussie weather who wants to be stuck in front of the tv???
worzel is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2004, 7:50 am
  #11  
BE Forum Addict
 
glittababe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Noosa Heads
Posts: 3,507
glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz Tv!?!

Originally Posted by wombat42
Perhaps our crap TV explains why we beat the Poms in most sports such as
cricket, because instead of siting at home on our fat arses watching East Enders etc. we are outdoors exercising or playing sport.
All we use the TV for is Rove, Kath n Kim and Queensland Weekender!
glittababe is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2004, 9:00 am
  #12  
Desert spaces
 
Becs's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 309
Becs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud of
Default Re: Oz Tv!?!

I'd keep a small TV, just for the news and stuff like that.

-Becs
Becs is offline  
Old Oct 25th 2004, 7:08 am
  #13  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 4
Hornbag is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oz Tv!?!

Hi All,

This is just letting you know that the third series of Kath and Kim has started in Australia. I have set up a fan site for the show www.hornbags.net and has information about the show, and about the new series. While your there tell us what you think in the forums www.forum.hornbags.net

Thanks

Jack
Hornbag is offline  
Old Oct 26th 2004, 12:04 am
  #14  
Karma Comedian
 
jayr's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Brisvegas
Posts: 3,506
jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz Tv!?!

Well, if you come to Queensland you won't be sitting around outside on those long hot summer nights - firstly it is dark by 7PM and secondly you'll get bitten to death.

On the obesity thing, you'll be amazed at how frequently people eat food. Morning tea and afternoon tea are well established and often include eating pies, sausgae rolls, jelly snakes (for some reason) and other lollies. If you take your kids to the park you will be the odd one out if you haven't taken a whole bunch of food and sugary drinks with you, similarly if you go to a friend's house and haven't brought a 'plate'.

Last edited by jayr; Oct 26th 2004 at 12:07 am.
jayr is offline  
Old Oct 26th 2004, 12:08 am
  #15  
Alone again, naturally
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 92,401
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz Tv!?!

Originally Posted by jayr
Well, if you come to Queensland you won't be sitting around outside on those long hot summer nights - firstly it is dark by 7PM and secondly you'll get bitten to death.
Exactly; its all very well saying you don't want the TV, but when you are here experiencing the long dark summer evenings, hiding indoor where its cooler and there are less insects....things may seem different. I watch more TV in summer here simply because in the UK you could sit outside enjoying the long - light - evenings.
Pollyana is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.