Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oz products in the UK

Oz products in the UK

Old Nov 21st 2008, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

MUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really nice
Default Oz products in the UK

Wishing to support the country I want to live in. What products can I make a consumer choice about and by brand Oz in the UK.
Of course I only by Oz wine (although the supermarkets have very little from Vic)
Anything else ? Apart from the hats with corks you can get at Blackpool gift shops ???
Old Nov 21st 2008, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

denkar101 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Oz products in the UK

Originally Posted by MUST LEAVE UK
Wishing to support the country I want to live in. What products can I make a consumer choice about and by brand Oz in the UK.
Of course I only by Oz wine (although the supermarkets have very little from Vic)
Anything else ? Apart from the hats with corks you can get at Blackpool gift shops ???
Victoria Bitter beer in Tesco.
Tooheys Beer in Morrisons, both imported.
Capilano honey in ASDA.
Milo in ASDA.
Vegemite in ASDA.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 7:13 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by denkar101
Victoria Bitter beer in Tesco.
Tooheys Beer in Morrisons, both imported.
Why on earth would anyone want to drink that shite in the UK

Must of us avoid it like the plague here
Old Nov 21st 2008, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling

Hey, there's nothing wrong with TED's I agree with you about the Victoria bitter though!
Old Nov 21st 2008, 7:18 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Why would anyone want to just eat/drink/use OZ products only.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 7:21 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Hey, there's nothing wrong with TED's

Well I suppose it is handy for when you run out of drain cleaner.

G
Old Nov 21st 2008, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Well I suppose it is handy for when you run out of drain cleaner.

G

I like it.....am on my third bottle of the night already
Old Nov 21st 2008, 7:29 am
Bitter and twisted

I like it.....am on my third bottle of the night already
That's your drains sorted then

G
Old Nov 21st 2008, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's your drains sorted then

G

Need a good curry for that.....
Old Nov 21st 2008, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Blimey - you;ve not even left and are already wanting to do this. Let;s a lot more to adapting to your country than buying Australian.

To my mind, buy what you want. In Aus, of course you'd buy Australian wine because it's good stuff and cheaper. However, to limit yourself to the produce of the country you're buying seems foolish. If that were the case you'd only ever buy a car made in the the UK (which I bet you do not) and your choice of products in the supermarket would be limited to those made in the UK. I bet you don't do that now?

I just find this amusing you want to spend loads more money on products that have been imported and often are blinkin' awful compared to others. VB is totally shocking beer...
Old Nov 21st 2008, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

JAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to all

make the most of that in the UK , you wont get a decent curry here!!
Old Nov 21st 2008, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JAMMIE DODGER
make the most of that in the UK , you wont get a decent curry here!!

I do.....my OH makes a mean Chicken curry!

Maybe Santa will bring you a cook book if you're good.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 10:37 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Best get back to bradford then
Old Nov 21st 2008, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

MUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really nice
Cool Re: Oz products in the UK

Think some people got this a bit wrong.

I just want to show a little retail support if I have a free choice. As I and many others must surely do.

I dont like the way the French act with the c.a.p. so I will never buy French wine or cheese again. I dont like the way the US place tariffs on steel, so I stopped buying there wine and sweet potatoes.

Just wanted to know if there was anything other than wine that I may have missed in the shops that I could try and filter some money back to Oz.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 10:57 am
Account Closed

Think some people got this a bit wrong.

I just want to show a little retail support if I have a free choice. As I and many others must surely do.

I dont like the way the French act with the c.a.p. so I will never buy French wine or cheese again. I dont like the way the US place tariffs on steel, so I stopped buying there wine and sweet potatoes.

Just wanted to know if there was anything other than wine that I may have missed in the shops that I could try and filter some money back to Oz.
OZ is loaded, don't worry about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.