British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   OZ Post - Registered Post - Status: Undeliverable (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/oz-post-registered-post-status-undeliverable-759979/)

carling black label May 29th 2012 4:17 pm

OZ Post - Registered Post - Status: Undeliverable

Tracking summaryPrint Tracking ID: ***************

Product/service: Registered Post

Date/Time Activity Location

29/05/12 10:23 Returned to sender COORPAROO DC

29/05/12 07:28 In Transit COORPAROO DC

What should i do, i am expecting this item to be delivered today, i arrive in Australia Friday night......

Not sure what to do; maybe i think for sure there was no one in the office address i use for my post recieved in Australia at the time of delivery, the address in my online portal at the time of delivery to sign for the item. That i think is the case, do you have any suggetions?

Cheers...

carling black label May 29th 2012 5:19 pm

Re: OZ Post - Registered Post - Status: Undeliverable

Australia Post

Will they hold onto this item for a period of time?

Which is the correct address?

COORPAROO DC

19 Harries Rd, Coorparoo, QLD, 4151

28 Turbo Dr, Coorparoo, QLD, 4151

Pollyana May 29th 2012 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by carling black label (Post 10089072)
Australia Post

Will they hold onto this item for a period of time?

Which is the correct address?

COORPAROO DC

19 Harries Rd, Coorparoo, QLD, 4151

28 Turbo Dr, Coorparoo, QLD, 4151

Ozzieeagle is the person to contact, works for Aus Post (poor sod)

carling black label May 29th 2012 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 10089559)

On my fourth can of decent peesss......will be my last for a while......Cheers Polly............

ozzieeagle May 29th 2012 11:27 pm

That bit about Return to Sender, especially the intransit part, doesnt look too healthy. I say it's on its way back to where it came. Doesnt sound like it would have been carded (a slip saying to pick it up from the local post office)... It all depends on why it was undeliverable actually. If its a case of no such address then it will go back to the sender... If it's a case of no one home at the address then it will be back at the local post office waiting for you to come and claim it. There should be a card in the letter box at the address you sent it too... you'll get at least 10 days for that. Was anyone expecting you at that address and if so why didnt they sign for it.

Phone 13 13 18 and explain what's happened.

DeadVim May 29th 2012 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 10089559)

Ah, that explains why his posts arrive 2 days after everyone else's ...

carling black label May 30th 2012 12:20 am

Originally Posted by DeadVim (Post 10089781)
Ah, that explains why his posts arrive 2 days after everyone else's ...

The reason why i still take in oxymoran, Vim ain't dead, just do'in a different cyclic....Radiohead.............Fake Plastic Trees's..............

DeadVim May 30th 2012 3:58 am

Originally Posted by carling black label (Post 10089826)
The reason why i still take in oxymoran, Vim ain't dead, just do'in a different cyclic....Radiohead.............Fake Plastic Trees's..............

I need to process that for a bit ... I'll be back ...

moneypenny20 May 30th 2012 5:54 am

Originally Posted by DeadVim (Post 10090068)

Let us know what you come up with. I have no clue. :lol:

carling black label May 30th 2012 7:10 am

Originally Posted by DeadVim (Post 10090068)

A moment of tiredness, stress, drunkeness, have not got a clue either, got a hangover from hell, as i write, and a 24 hour flight to look forward to......

Cookster May 30th 2012 7:17 am

Originally Posted by carling black label (Post 10090221)
A moment of tiredness, stress, drunkeness, have not got a clue either, got a hangover from hell, as i write, and a 24 hour flight to look forward to......

I find in cases like this that you just need to keep your alcohol levels up and hey presto........ everthing in the world is just peachy :)

carling black label May 30th 2012 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Cookster (Post 10090237)
I find in cases like this that you just need to keep your alcohol levels up and hey presto........ everthing in the world is just peachy :)

The only thing which is peachy, is my complexion, hot here in the UK, a red head, eight tins of imported strong lager, has not helped either....Feel like sh!te...................

carling black label May 30th 2012 7:49 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 10089730)
That bit about Return to Sender, especially the intransit part, doesnt look too healthy. I say it's on its way back to where it came. Doesnt sound like it would have been carded (a slip saying to pick it up from the local post office)... It all depends on why it was undeliverable actually. If its a case of no such address then it will go back to the sender... If it's a case of no one home at the address then it will be back at the local post office waiting for you to come and claim it. There should be a card in the letter box at the address you sent it too... you'll get at least 10 days for that. Was anyone expecting you at that address and if so why didnt they sign for it.

Phone 13 13 18 and explain what's happened.

No card left, not looking good.....My address in Australia, its a wierd one. When you fill out these online forms, it never seems to actually verify the apartment complex name, another incorrect name comes up, the apartment complex next door, but the correct street and everything else address.

So the physical address, the actual address gets verified, but the name of the complex is for example, the correct apartment name is "Carling Lanes", but the name which comes on auto pickup, through a verification process comes up as "Carling Hotel", which is next door......Now Carling Hotel is incorrect, but the address which verifies along with Carling Hotel is correct. Whereas the correct name of the apartment complex is Carling Lanes.....

Confused to f*****k

ozzieeagle May 30th 2012 8:35 am

Originally Posted by carling black label (Post 10090271)
No card left, not looking good.....My address in Australia, its a wierd one. When you fill out these online forms, it never seems to actually verify the apartment complex name, another incorrect name comes up, the apartment complex next door, but the correct street and everything else address.

So the physical address, the actual address gets verified, but the name of the complex is for example, the correct apartment name is "Carling Lanes", but the name which comes on auto pickup, through a verification process comes up as "Carling Hotel", which is next door......Now Carling Hotel is incorrect, but the address which verifies along with Carling Hotel is correct. Whereas the correct name of the apartment complex is Carling Lanes.....

Confused to f*****k

It will have been returned as no such address by the sounds of things.

Happens a lot actually to overseas mail. Not sure where people get some of these addresses from.

It will definitely get back to the originator in one piece, so at least you know where it is.... Best way to find out the proper address is to ask someone that already lives there... or next door even.

Could make a small amusing and interesting TV Doco following this homeless mail around IMO.