oz pension

Old Mar 21st 2011, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

jeppy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default oz pension

::Hey hope ive got it right but according to centre link qualification for an oz pension is 10 years as a resident and can be done with 5 year stay initially then make the 5 up to ten hoe you like , and must be in oz at time of application!http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...ge_pension.htm
i was told that the cut of dtae was you must be born before 1960 by an australian friend , poppy cock or what!
Old Mar 21st 2011, 1:44 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: oz pension

Pretty smile from your own link

The 10-year Australian resident requirement means you have been an Australian resident for a continuous period of at least 10 years, or for a number of periods which total more than 10 years, with one of the periods being at least 5 years.

The tough test (and rightly so) is the means test to see if you need it.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

jeppy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Pretty smile from your own link

The 10-year Australian resident requirement means you have been an Australian resident for a continuous period of at least 10 years, or for a number of periods which total more than 10 years, with one of the periods being at least 5 years.

The tough test (and rightly so) is the means test to see if you need it.
means test if i am right does not include your family home only savings but wether your super comes into it i dont know
Old Mar 21st 2011, 2:00 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeppy
means test if i am right does not include your family home only savings but wether your super comes into it i dont know
Pretty much correct. Your personal residence is not counted but savings and super and any other pension stream i.e. UK NI scheme, does count.
Also you have to be resident in Aus.