Oz passport

Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:50 am
still perthforme

mrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oz passport

Anyone know how long it will take to get my daughter (4 months) her Australian passport as I may have to go back to the UK as my Grandma is starting to deteriate and I'm very close to her.
Any help will be great

Becky
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:57 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz passport

Check out the post office website - they issue the passports now on behalf of DAFT I got mine sorted within 4 days by paying a few more dollars.

Very easy process.

http://www.auspost.com.au/BCP/0,1467...7EMO19,00.html
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:59 am
still perthforme

mrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra
Check out the post office website - they issue the passports now on behalf of DAFT I got mine sorted within 4 days by paying a few more dollars.

Very easy process.

http://www.auspost.com.au/BCP/0,1467...7EMO19,00.html
Thankyou I have to go to the post office later anyway so will speak to them then
Old Mar 26th 2007, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsperthforme
Thankyou I have to go to the post office later anyway so will speak to them then
Sorry to hear about your bad news tho - best wishes
Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:03 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsperthforme
Anyone know how long it will take to get my daughter (4 months) her Australian passport as I may have to go back to the UK as my Grandma is starting to deteriate and I'm very close to her.
Becky

Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Depending on how far you live from your state's Passport Office HQ, you can lodge an application for your passport in person, and state clearly that you need to travel on a certain date (presumably > 10 days' time) and that the reasons for doing so.

I got mine in 6 working days without paying any additional fee, simply by telling the Sydney Passport Office that I needed to travel in three weeks time and didn't have any room for error - tickets were booked etc.

Also, I collected my passport in person to cut down on time spent in transit via Australia Post.

If you applied via Australia Post, you probably won't get that lucky.

Hope this helps.

Peter
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

I applied for my 7 week old daughter's passport today.

I had to wait 2 weeks for an interview at AusPost, but you can go to passport office (in Melb this is at Casseldon Place ) and just queue for an interview. Presume other capital cities have the same set up.

Standard process time is 10 days from receipt of properly completed application form, although for an extra amount (about 50 bucks) you can get a priority processing passport, which is produced in 2 days.

Saying that, the AusPost woman took all my docs and then said "Passport office will be in touch if anything is missing' - I thought that was the point of the interview at AusPost!