Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oz & NZ TV programmes this week - starting tonight

Oz & NZ TV programmes this week - starting tonight

Old Jan 4th 2004, 3:40 pm
Go Banana's !!

Cool Oz & NZ TV programmes this week - starting tonight

Hi all,

Just in case anyone in the UK is interested , a new series of "Get a New Life"started on UK Style at 9pm last night and is on most nights this week except Monday, repeated at 10pm on UK Style +1hr.

Channel number 148 on Sky and 149 for UK Style +

Last night was about a family going to Tuscany but tonight is about a family going to Brisbane and one of the one's later in the week is about going to New Zealand.

For those who don't know this series is about UK people who have wrote in for a lifestyle change and get about 2 weeks to prepare to go to wherever they have asked to settle, a month (at the expense of the programme makers) living in the country trying to find jobs, houses etc and then they have to make up their mind to stay or go home.

Last nights' was quite good but we seem to be transfixed with everything Australian at the moment so this will be a must see.....

Post your thoughts after the programme. We are hoping to go to Perth in Sept but it will interesting to get fellow forum members views on how realistic it is ??

Best wishes

Warren (and Jill)

Old Jan 4th 2004, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Oz & NZ TV programmes this week - starting tonight

Originally posted by Warren Dix
Hi all,

Just in case anyone in the UK is interested , a new series of "Get a New Life"started on UK Style at 9pm last night and is on most nights this week except Monday, repeated at 10pm on UK Style +1hr.

Last night was about a family going to Tuscany but tonight is about a family going to Brisbane and one of the one's later in the week is about going to New Zealand.

For those who don't know this series is about UK people who have wrote in for a lifestyle change and get about 2 weeks to prepare to go to wherever they have asked to settle, a month (at the expense of the programme makers) living in the country trying to find jobs, houses etc and then they have to make up their mind to stay or go home.

Last nights' was quite good but we seem to be transfixed with everything Australian at the moment so this will be a must see.....

Post your thoughts after the programme. We are hoping to go to Perth in Sept but it will interesting to get fellow forum members views on how realistic it is ??

Best wishes

Warren (and Jill)
Thanks Warren & Jill
will have our eyes glued to the box at 9pm, should be very interesting
kind regards
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Jan 4th 2004, 4:45 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Best wishes

Warren (and Jill)
Warren

Is this the guy with the mullet?

Cheers.
Old Jan 4th 2004, 4:53 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

I think so!

the plumber.
Old Jan 4th 2004, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by plumber
I think so!

the plumber.
oh i thought it was going to be a new one, i've seen the mullet man one
Old Jan 4th 2004, 4:59 pm
WBB

Originally posted by nosuchluck
oh i thought it was going to be a new one, i've seen the mullet man one

yes i remember mullet man, he had the fitness instructor wife.

worth watching again though.

Old Jan 4th 2004, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by welshboybilly

What for the fitness instructor?
lol
Old Jan 4th 2004, 5:04 pm
WBB

What for the fitness instructor?
lol

worth watching again for that mullet alone, if i remember rightly his wife looked like a bulldog chewin a wasp.

Old Jan 4th 2004, 5:07 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND
Warren

Is this the guy with the mullet?

Cheers.

no idea, I haven't seen it previewed just had a flick through the listings and came across it.

Regards

Warren

Old Jan 4th 2004, 7:18 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

It would be nice if they was an update about the families at the end of each programme though.
Old Jan 4th 2004, 8:14 pm
Go Banana's !!

you were right. It was the one with the mullet - Jill tells me that its a haircut - I led a very sheltered life !!

Seem a nice family though. I didn't realise it was a repeat. Sorry.

Warren

Old Jan 4th 2004, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

you were right. It was the one with the mullet - Jill tells me that its a haircut - I led a very sheltered life !!

Seem a nice family though. I didn't realise it was a repeat. Sorry.

Warren

No worries Warren
still worth watching,
kind regards
rach
Old Jan 4th 2004, 9:01 pm
Go Banana's !!

No worries Warren
still worth watching,
kind regards
rach
Nice to see a family making it happen after all the dysfunctional ones we've been watching over the last few weeks.

I know it was a repeat but I thought it was quite good.

Warren

Old Jan 4th 2004, 9:05 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Is this family the one who bought a boat fishing business and then she sold wigs???
Old Jan 4th 2004, 9:07 pm
WBB

Originally posted by cherry6
Is this family the one who bought a boat fishing business and then she sold wigs???

no, that was another (muletless) couple.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.