Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OZ/NZ festival West London

OZ/NZ festival West London

Old Jun 25th 2004, 9:33 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute
Default OZ/NZ festival West London

Hi All,

Heard on the radio this morning that Classic Fm are promoting a celebration of OZ/NZ culture, music, wine, sport etc. The event is sponsored by Emirates and is taking place at Syon Park in West London.

http://www.classicfm.com/index.cfm?nodeId=2689&sw=1024

Could be a good day out, weather permittimg.

Kind Regards
ACE
Old Jun 25th 2004, 10:56 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OZ/NZ festival West London

Originally posted by ACE
Hi All,

Heard on the radio this morning that Classic Fm are promoting a celebration of OZ/NZ culture, music, wine, sport etc. The event is sponsored by Emirates and is taking place at Syon Park in West London.

Kind Regards
ACE

And provided Emirates don't lose everything along the way or only serve up really salty food surrounded by pastle shades of decor
Old Jun 25th 2004, 12:46 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
And provided Emirates don't lose everything along the way or only serve up really salty food surrounded by pastle shades of decor
Have you had a bad experience with them? We are booked to fly out to Perth with them over Christmas and New Year. We have to fly separately now(hubby and 8 year old on the 9th, me and 20 month old a few days later:scared: ) long story do tell, you've got me worried now

ACE
Old Jun 25th 2004, 12:58 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, didn't have the best experience with them....here are two threads containing my two cents worth! Do a search and you will find others...Pollyana had trouble too.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=emirates

Mainly problems with luggage - it seems to be standard practice from them to lose it en route, usually left sitting on a runway somewhere.

You've booked, so you can't change it - and many people have had more positive experiences with Emirates. But I would make sure that you have a full supply of clothes etc in your hand luggage!

Last edited by bundy; Jun 25th 2004 at 1:24 pm.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 1:18 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally posted by ACE
Have you had a bad experience with them? We are booked to fly out to Perth with them over Christmas and New Year. We have to fly separately now(hubby and 8 year old on the 9th, me and 20 month old a few days later:scared: ) long story do tell, you've got me worried now

ACE
Just to state the flip side of that bad experience...I had no trouble at all with them...I guess its pot luck on the day...you could probably find both camps of person for any of the airlines...so dont start yourself worrying about something that may not happen....
Old Jun 25th 2004, 1:23 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by peppi
Just to state the flip side of that bad experience...I had no trouble at all with them...I guess its pot luck on the day...you could probably find both camps of person for any of the airlines...so dont start yourself worrying about something that may not happen....

Exactly, that's the point I was trying to make....lots of other people whinge about BA/Qantas but I've never had anything but good experiences with them....
Old Jun 25th 2004, 1:25 pm
She's a bird, you know

PS - I've added the thread links now
Old Jun 25th 2004, 4:29 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by bundy
Yep, didn't have the best experience with them....here are two threads containing my two cents worth! Do a search and you will find others...Pollyana had trouble too.

Mainly problems with luggage - it seems to be standard practice from them to lose it en route, usually left sitting on a runway somewhere.

You've booked, so you can't change it - and many people have had more positive experiences with Emirates. But I would make sure that you have a full supply of clothes etc in your hand luggage!
Thanks Bundy,
Have just read the theads and I'm rally scared now, especially a I will be travelling alone with a baby:scared:

Cheers
ACE
Old Jun 25th 2004, 4:34 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by peppi
Thanks for your reply,
I can only hope that my experience is like yours. A 10 hour delay with a lively 20 month old would not be much fun. I am a member of their previlidge club so I think I'll phone them and try and find out if they can arrange some help re buggy, luggage etc

Cheers
ACE
Old Jun 25th 2004, 4:44 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ACE
Hi All,

Kind Regards
ACE
Sounds good BUT £25 each!! Think I'll buy a dozen bottles of Oz wine instead
Old Jun 25th 2004, 6:18 pm
NZ or Bust!

Sazzle is an unknown quantity at this point

Shame about the dates.

We will be ensconsed in the Bay of Plenty the week before then.