OZ (nursing)

Old Jan 27th 2004, 8:48 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default OZ (nursing)

I am having a bit of trouble searching for Operating Department Practitioner (ODP) jobs within OZ.

I have been told that anae" tech jobs are under taken by RGN's, but in certain areas of OZ ODP's are also employed within the role as well as RGN's.

I have under taken a dipoloma and NVQ Level 3 in theatre practice.
Does anybody know any search engines that may hold ODP jobs, or anyone work in an hospital that employs UK ODP's.

Many thanks,

Mrs Jack Daws

Last edited by Jack Daws; Jan 27th 2004 at 4:21 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Roger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the rough

I recollect that a friend of mine had to re-train when he emmigrated to Oz. He was an ODP and married an Ozzie anaesthetist. He's now a Barrister!

NZ does have ODPs, I've seen loads.

Good luck with the search.
Roger
Old Jan 27th 2004, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of

Whereabouts in oz are you heading for?
I know an ODP moving to Qld who may have some info if you're interested?
Lou
Old Jan 27th 2004, 3:47 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

We ahev been looking at Sapphire coast NSW, Gold and Sunshine coasts in Queensland and Perth.

We really dont know yet, I think we need to find areas for work and then try and narrow it down.

Would be great if you could help.

Mrs Jack

Last edited by Jack Daws; Jan 27th 2004 at 4:20 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

Peter Mowbray is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jack its me again.
ODP`S are not very common in Australia but they are there.
My friend worked out there last year but found it hard to find the right job.
Regards Pete Mo
Old Jan 27th 2004, 6:39 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hiya

Im a nurse, but have found this a good site for all jobs health related!!

www.ncah.com

Ive got a few others.....just need to find em....

sue
Old Jan 27th 2004, 8:39 pm
Banned

Thanks for the replies.

Hi Pete, yeah you are right very hard to find work there. Fingers crossed still for NZ but lookinh for options if the door is slammed shut.

Tiredwithtwins

will give the site a thorough going over. Thanks

Jack