Oz at Night

Old Jul 9th 2003, 2:16 pm
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oz at Night

Looks a lot different from the Busy Britain.....take 2 post.

Twinkle, twinkle little Perth.
Attached Thumbnails Oz at Night-oz-night.jpg  

Last edited by Pookin; Jul 9th 2003 at 2:20 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2003, 3:10 pm
Badge

Default Re: Oz at Night

couldn't see Oz to start with - thought it was the night sky!

Old Jul 9th 2003, 5:26 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Wonder what those pin pricks are just south of Darwin / Kakadu way....mines?
Old Jul 9th 2003, 7:18 pm
Nutty Nurse

LondonNurse will become famous soon enoughLondonNurse will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Oz at Night

Originally posted by Pookin
Looks a lot different from the Busy Britain.....take 2 post.

Twinkle, twinkle little Perth.
That's a gorgeous picture! Where did you get it from. I think I might save it to my desktop to cheer myself up!

Siobhan.
Old Jul 9th 2003, 8:47 pm
Badge

Originally posted by PeteY
Wonder what those pin pricks are just south of Darwin / Kakadu way....mines?
having troubles...as...
there seems to be stacks of lights in the Kimberley area eg (Kunurarra etc) - too far sw/s to be darwin...the top end is not really visible...I think (ie.- the topmost "anvil" shaped section). you can make out the light of darwin - not very bright though?! bizarre

those bright lights in a cluster do seem too far sw to be darwin/katherine.

also they are in line with the brightest light on the east coast which is Cairns - so the Kimberley/Kunnarra put out a fair amount of light..

the two spots are quite a bit further south aren't they? Two on or near the Stuart Highway and two further west in land - mines as you say. the two on the highway must be principle towns like Three ways or Tennant Creek..etc

IIRC there's a few (mines) sw of the Kimberley area - and some south of port headland way...

the two last lights on the coast in WA along from the Kimberly are Broome and Port Headland/or Karratha.

Last edited by badgersmount; Jul 9th 2003 at 9:03 pm.

Old Jul 9th 2003, 8:58 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Ye i need to brush up on my aus geography too ! Got the Kakadu and the Kimberly mixed.

Id bet that one of the larger lights is the Argyll diamond mine...
Old Jul 9th 2003, 9:01 pm
Badge

Ye i need to brush up on my aus geography too ! Got the Kakadu and the Kimberly mixed.

Id bet that one of the larger lights is the Argyll diamond mine...
mate I was hoping you would crop up!!! give us a job as a geo mate

Old Jul 9th 2003, 9:03 pm
A Male Member

Originally posted by badgersmount

the two spots are quite a bit further south aren't they? Two on or near the Stuart Highway and two further west in land - mines as you say. the two on the highway must be principle towns like Three ways or Tennant Creek..etc

IIRC there's a few (mines) sw of the Kimberley area - and some south of port headland way...
Theres a large copper mine (open too...)at Tennant creek, so i guess your right about those two.

If you look just south of the Gulf of Carp (around Normanton way) theres a group of lights that could be the Hilton operation??

Im not really surprised you can see these mines at night thinking about it. Most are 24 hr operations and when your standing in the centre of an open cast the amount of floodlights can almost make it appear like 3 in the afternoon
Old Jul 9th 2003, 9:04 pm
A Male Member

mate I was hoping you would crop up!!! give us a job as a geo mate
LOL ive got to find ME one first
Old Jul 9th 2003, 9:10 pm
Badge

Theres a large copper mine (open too...)at Tennant creek, so i guess your right about those two.

If you look just south of the Gulf of Carp (around Normanton way) theres a group of lights that could be the Hilton operation??

Im not really surprised you can see these mines at night thinking about it. Most are 24 hr operations and when your standing in the centre of an open cast the amount of floodlights can almost make it appear like 3 in the afternoon
the lights in the Kimberley are brighter than melborne and perth!!!
just as well they illuminate - seeing the ways those guys drive 777s on site!!!

Old Jul 9th 2003, 9:11 pm
A Male Member

Its this one thats got me stumped

Sad i know, but i've just had my atlas out....and my geological atlas that has all major works in oz...and i just can't see anything there.

HELP !!

lol
Attached Thumbnails Oz at Night-oz-night.jpg  
Old Jul 9th 2003, 9:14 pm
A Male Member

the lights in the Kimberley are brighter than melborne and perth!!!
just as well they illuminate - seeing the ways those guys drive 777s on site!!!
777s...those are the babies with the $15k tires?
Old Jul 9th 2003, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Its this one thats got me stumped

Sad i know, but i've just had my atlas out....and my geological atlas that has all major works in oz...and i just can't see anything there.

HELP !!

lol

I think its Bald butt’s fluorescent thong and he's got lost

Old Jul 9th 2003, 9:16 pm
Badge

yeah fink so!!!!

i was offered a job in Norseman driving something similar!!!

badgers

Old Jul 9th 2003, 9:16 pm
A Male Member

Originally posted by terryg
I think its Bald butt’s fluorescent thong and he's got lost

hehe

We better get over there and give him a hand! Hes a loooong way from Perth!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.