Oz mortgages

Old Dec 21st 2006, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oz mortgages

Can anyone help with the following please ?? Is it possible to obtain a mortgage in oz where you can pay lump sums off the mortgage every now and then without receiving any financial penalties from the mortgage lender ? If so could you tell me what type of mortgage this is and which providers use these mortgages
once again thanx for all assistance Bobby
Old Dec 21st 2006, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

drivetrain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oz mortgages

Hi, yes, we have a mortgage with Westpac and we can pay off more than our monthly payment without incurring penalties. We are in the process of moving so all documentation is packed away, and I can't remember the name of the package we have, but I will get back to you... Em
Old Dec 21st 2006, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by drivetrain
Hi, yes, we have a mortgage with Westpac and we can pay off more than our monthly payment without incurring penalties. We are in the process of moving so all documentation is packed away, and I can't remember the name of the package we have, but I will get back to you... Em
thank you very much Em greatly appreciated bobby
Old Dec 21st 2006, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Most mortgages here are flexible like that. We have one with Homeside lending where we pay an amount per month. If the interest rates go down we stick at the same amount, if they go up so does our payment. We can pay off lump sums when we want to and draw out money whenever we want to as long as there is excess in there and can even make fortnightly payments (half the monthly amount) which would reduce our term by 6 years !!

Love it.

BTW - we've also opted for the interest only option for a couple of years to get used to the repayments as hubby hasn't long been working and then we'll change to interest and capital
Old Dec 21st 2006, 11:54 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Can anyone help with the following please ?? Is it possible to obtain a mortgage in oz where you can pay lump sums off the mortgage every now and then without receiving any financial penalties from the mortgage lender ? If so could you tell me what type of mortgage this is and which providers use these mortgages
very flexible. we too have a mortgage with Homeside Lending (part of NAB) and have three quarters fixed and a quarter variable which means we haven't been affected by the interest rate rise too much but also have the flexibility of paying lump sums off the variable portion if we want to. We also pay fortnightly which as ohippy says reduces the term significantly.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 12:05 am
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
not telling you how to suck eggs but when i first moved to ireland the mortgage rate was very high, i kept my repayments at the higher rate when it dropped back to a lower rate, this helped me finish up my mortgage a good few years earlier that planned.