Oz in March

Old Dec 11th 2006, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light
Default Oz in March

I'm coming to Brisbane in March for a job interview and was hoping someone could answer a couple of questions for me. Nothing to do with the job or anything!!
I'm planning on going up to Cairns for a bit of diving. Should I bring a wetsuit with me for diving in March? I've got a 5mm steamer and a shortie or will I not need either?
I'm also going to do lots of surfing in the Sydney, Goldie and Sunny coasts. Will boardies and rash vest be enough at that time of year?
Old Dec 11th 2006, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz in March

Originally Posted by jon and alex
I'm coming to Brisbane in March for a job interview and was hoping someone could answer a couple of questions for me. Nothing to do with the job or anything!!
I'm planning on going up to Cairns for a bit of diving. Should I bring a wetsuit with me for diving in March? I've got a 5mm steamer and a shortie or will I not need either?
I'm also going to do lots of surfing in the Sydney, Goldie and Sunny coasts. Will boardies and rash vest be enough at that time of year?
I'm sure shorts and a rash would be fine, my OH waterskiied in august on the gold coast, and that was their winter
Old Dec 11th 2006, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

A question in the same vein - we'll be arriving in April, in NSW - Hunter Valley.
What will it be like clothing-wise? Do I need to take a warm coat, light jacket, fleece? Do I take shorts/swimsuit/flipflops? It will be a few weeks before we get our stuff, so will have to pack a bag with clothes for the first little while. Will be gutted if I arrive with a coat and lots of jeans etc and it is warm! (or visa versa!)
I've looked at climate charts, but I don't think they give you the whole story - would much rather hear what real people think!
Old Dec 11th 2006, 11:12 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by esperanza
A question in the same vein - we'll be arriving in April, in NSW - Hunter Valley.
What will it be like clothing-wise? Do I need to take a warm coat, light jacket, fleece? Do I take shorts/swimsuit/flipflops? It will be a few weeks before we get our stuff, so will have to pack a bag with clothes for the first little while. Will be gutted if I arrive with a coat and lots of jeans etc and it is warm! (or visa versa!)
I've looked at climate charts, but I don't think they give you the whole story - would much rather hear what real people think!

We arrived in April last year and were shocked at how cold it got here in NSW! PJ's, dressing gown & bed socks to bed!! :scared: . I actually went out and bought a dressing gown and fleece pretty much as soon as we got here. The days are still quite nice though so 3/4 trousers & thongs are fine. Make sure you have a cardi/fleece with you cos as soon as that sun goes down the temp drops ridiculously (and it drops around 5pm in April if I remember rightly)!

If I were to do it again I'd bring Warm PJ's, Bed socks, T Shirts, 3/4 Trousers, Fleece, Jeans, warm shoes for the evenings and I'd buy a dressing gown when I got here (takes up too much space in the suitcase!). Dont make the mistake I made of getting rid of all of your winter clothing before you leave and buying all new Summer clothing to bring with you! By the time it was warm enough for me to get a lot of wear out of the summer clothes I'd outgrown em! Also make sure that you bring your UK Quilts over (obviously not in your case! ) because they're very thin over here in comparison.

HTH
Old Dec 11th 2006, 11:15 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jon and alex

In NSW I would say you'd need a shortie wetsuit (just to be on the safe side) cos the weather is a bit unpredictable at that time of year.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:51 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by esperanza
In laws are over here now when the weather is supposed to be lovely and warm and summery. They didn't bring any jumpers / warm clothes. They regretted this when it turned freakishly cold a few weeks back (when it snowed in Victoria etc) Even today it's a bit chilly in the wind, and if I was out in it for more than a few minutes I'd be glad of my jacket (which thankfully I've brought to work today with me).

If you don't bring warm clothes with you, in April you'd have no problems buying some warm things to wear as the winter stock will be coming into the shops. Unlike now, when it's all summer stock
Old Dec 12th 2006, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers for the answers. Shortie it is!