Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

in oz and lovin it

in oz and lovin it

Old Mar 25th 2004, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

tetley101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default in oz and lovin it

Having been here nearly a couple of months i thought i would reassure anyone who has any doubts not to worry.

Its all good. Having checked out melbourne and sydney we decided to go for the lifestyle choice and try and live in perth.

I wanted to attach a pic of the beach taken yesterday but seem to have technical issues.

I can't think of any grumbles, the 1st big spider wasn't that scary, no snakes seen yet apart from in the zoo. Aussies all seem quite nice and there aren't as many mullets arouns as you would expect.

No job yet but mrs tetley is holding the fort in that respect.

tetley
Old Mar 25th 2004, 2:05 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: in oz and lovin it

Originally posted by tetley
Having been here nearly a couple of months i thought i would reassure anyone who has any doubts not to worry.

Its all good. Having checked out melbourne and sydney we decided to go for the lifestyle choice and try and live in perth.

I wanted to attach a pic of the beach taken yesterday but seem to have technical issues.

I can't think of any grumbles, the 1st big spider wasn't that scary, no snakes seen yet apart from in the zoo. Aussies all seem quite nice and there aren't as many mullets arouns as you would expect.

tetley
Hi,

Glad to hear that you like it down here.
Time to change your location in your ID, do you think ?
... LOL, I see you have done now

Last edited by ABCDiamond; Mar 25th 2004 at 2:36 am.

Old Mar 25th 2004, 2:30 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

tetley
Glad you're enjoying it here. Nicer now it's cooled down a bit hey!!!

As for Mullets, try Mirrabooka Shopping Centre!!
Old Mar 25th 2004, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear your enjoying it - keep us posted.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 4:33 pm
hells02

tetley
Glad to here that you are enjoying your new life where about in Perth are you?

Old Mar 26th 2004, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

tetley101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by hells02
Glad to here that you are enjoying your new life where about in Perth are you?
we are lucky enough to be staying with friends in scarboro (close to beaches and only a 10 minute drive and two train stops to town)

we are then going to house sit in daglish for a month which is even closer to the city and nearer shops pubs etc.

by that time we should be able to have an idea where we want to live and will rent before buying. hopefully prices will have come down / pound gone up by that time.
Old Mar 27th 2004, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one! glad to hear you are enjoying your new life .It would be great if you could keep us updated.
Looking forward to Perth too.
Best of luck with all the new plans.