OZ lifestyle

Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

thfc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OZ lifestyle

Sweating away at work today,then off to the beach for a swim,couldnt do that in London.Cant ban me for that can they, im praising Australia
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: OZ lifestyle

Originally Posted by thfc
Sweating away at work today,then off to the beach for a swim,couldnt do that in London.Cant ban me for that can they, im praising Australia
PS ,I only tell the truth
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see your still around
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:55 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The "Other" Oz lifestyle...... sweat away at work all day, then come home to sit in a dark house with the curtains pulled (so the furniture doesn't fade ) and the lights off (cos they're expensive) and the freezing cold so I'm wearing 2 jumpers cos of the air con. Couldn't do this in London either
Whats a beach? Oh, I think I saw one in April.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 11:19 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The "Other" Oz lifestyle...... sweat away at work all day, then come home to sit in a dark house with the curtains pulled (so the furniture doesn't fade ) and the lights off (cos they're expensive) and the freezing cold so I'm wearing 2 jumpers cos of the air con. Couldn't do this in London either
Whats a beach? Oh, I think I saw one in April.
Having the colour of your furniture fade must be a fate worse then death,
who cares if the colour of your furniture fades unless its some expensive old
antique. Theres something wrong with your airconditioning if it is so cold you need to wear two jumpers, so get it repaired. If you would rather sit in an
airconditioned room on a warm day then go to the beach ( not since April )
then thats your choice.

Old Oct 12th 2004, 11:24 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wombat42
Having the colour of your furniture fade must be a fate worse then death,
who cares if the colour of your furniture fades unless its some expensive old
antique. Theres something wrong with your airconditioning if it is so cold you need to wear two jumpers, so get it repaired. If you would rather sit in an
airconditioned room on a warm day then go to the beach ( not since April )
then thats your choice.
Wombat, you missed the point, I'm married to a Queenslander - personally I don't give a flying rats if the furniture fades, but his mother has told him that its tragic, so he keeps the curtains shut.
The air con is cold cos he keeps turning it up full and hasn't found the off switch (you'd think the fact I keep putting on more clothes would give it away!)
As for going to the beach - time I get home from work and get the bus there its too dark to see it! And he won't go there cos in true Qld style, he's too tired after getting up at 4.30 (3 hours before he needs too) and then working all day!
Just putting the perspective of the alternative lifestyle
Old Oct 12th 2004, 11:55 pm
aussie73

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Wombat, you missed the point, I'm married to a Queenslander - personally I don't give a flying rats if the furniture fades, but his mother has told him that its tragic, so he keeps the curtains shut.
The air con is cold cos he keeps turning it up full and hasn't found the off switch (you'd think the fact I keep putting on more clothes would give it away!)
As for going to the beach - time I get home from work and get the bus there its too dark to see it! And he won't go there cos in true Qld style, he's too tired after getting up at 4.30 (3 hours before he needs too) and then working all day!
Just putting the perspective of the alternative lifestyle
l agree, half the year in most of the country it is too cold to go swimming,
and if you live in Sydney or Melbourne , unless you live right next to the beach you would have to spend ages in peak hour traffic to get to the beach
after work. However if you live in Perth or Adelaide or a regional area close to the beach you can easily go for a swim after work.

Old Oct 13th 2004, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

i'm with thfc on this one, but then i would be as a fellow Spurs fan!
as they say in McDonalds 'im loving it'!
hugs
rach x
Old Oct 13th 2004, 4:15 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Yeah lifes great.
Work from 7 till 3, Walk home (yes that's walk home) in 30 minutes with the sun roasting me. Have a swim. Sit on the balcony with a beer, watching the surfers till the sun sets. Fire up the barbie.
Couldn't get much better.
Old Oct 13th 2004, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nosuchluck
i'm with thfc on this one, but then i would be as a fellow Spurs fan!
as they say in McDonalds 'im loving it'!
hugs
rach x
Hello how are you ,typical i move out here and Spurs have there best start to the season in years.I see your in Brisbane now,better than England aint it.I flew up to Brisbane a month ago for my boys first boxing bout out here ,but he got robbed of the decision,but that happens all the time where ever you live.I loved Brisbane 28 degrees when we was there.Where we stayed had a swimming pool,i asked the daughter who was 10 how often she used the pool,she said never in the winter its to cold,i couldnt believe it.Hope your settling in well,you cant of been out here much longer than us about 5 months weve been here now and loving it.Be lucky
Old Oct 13th 2004, 8:57 am
ABCDiamond

I loved Brisbane 28 degrees when we was there.Where we stayed had a swimming pool,i asked the daughter who was 10 how often she used the pool,she said never in the winter its to cold,i couldnt believe it.
Even though the daytime temps are pretty good in winter, the water in the pool doesn't heat up very much, so it does stay pretty cool.

Old Oct 13th 2004, 9:13 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Even though the daytime temps are pretty good in winter, the water in the pool doesn't heat up very much, so it does stay pretty cool.

Tis true - I went in last week for about 5mins as it was 26C. Since then we've added water to it and the land temp has dropped slightly; checked again today and it was back in the low 20's. Will be a few more weeks till I get in properly again
Old Oct 13th 2004, 9:39 am
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Ban u for supporting Tottingham though ...
Old Oct 13th 2004, 10:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello how are you ,typical i move out here and Spurs have there best start to the season in years.
Don't worry, it won't last
Old Oct 13th 2004, 11:07 am
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Don't worry, it won't last
Never does ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.