Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oz here we come,hopefully?????

Oz here we come,hopefully?????

Old Sep 18th 2003, 11:13 am
mackem lad

ian gibson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oz here we come,hopefully?????

help,help.We have just received booklet 6,skilled migration and the contents have already blew our minds,so much paperwork.my wife is a nurse and i am a prison officer.Hopefully we will be successful and take up residency.our first thoughts are for perth area,so if anyone can give advice on area and house prices,nothing too extravagent,a 5 bedroom house with 1 acre of land 3 swimming pools will do nicely.Anyone who can offer advice on trying to speed up our application would be appreciated.also anyone who knows anyone in the prison service in oz or nurses,that would help us.thank you
Old Sep 18th 2003, 11:16 am
WBB

Default Re: Oz here we come,hopefully?????

Originally posted by ian gibson
so if anyone can give advice on area and house prices,nothing too extravagent,a 5 bedroom house with 1 acre of land 3 swimming pools will do nicely.

gee whizz man i would love a house with one pool, never mind 3

seriously though this is the place to be, use the search facility to help with specific questions.

good luck

Old Sep 18th 2003, 11:21 am
mackem lad

thanks welshboy,how far are you in your process??
Old Sep 18th 2003, 12:08 pm
WBB

thanks welshboy,how far are you in your process??
im applying for a spouse visa (the bint is an aussie)which as i understand it is a lot easier and straight-forward than the skilled ones.

at the moment we are waiting for the kids citizen by descent forms to come back then we will apply for the passports for them, we hope to have this done by the new year, then i will do my application, which can take beetween a month and 4 months.

hopefully in oz by next may?

Old Sep 18th 2003, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

help,help.We have just received booklet 6,skilled migration and the contents have already blew our minds,so much paperwork.my wife is a nurse and i am a prison officer.Hopefully we will be successful and take up residency.our first thoughts are for perth area,so if anyone can give advice on area and house prices,nothing too extravagent,a 5 bedroom house with 1 acre of land 3 swimming pools will do nicely.Anyone who can offer advice on trying to speed up our application would be appreciated.also anyone who knows anyone in the prison service in oz or nurses,that would help us.thank you

hi Ian, there's heaps of threads on here to assist you on location, price etc. If your wife is a nurse, then her as the main applicant would mean that she gets priority and her app will be fast tracked - they are only fast tracking nurses at the mo and no other proffession.

Good Luck, Leigh.
Old Sep 18th 2003, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

I am a nurse and I applied for skilled independent subclass 136 visa(front loaded) beginning of July03 and had visa granted Aug 03 which believe me came as a complete surprise
I hadn't expected to hear anything until October/November time.
Nurses are currently on the ministers priority list and visas are being processed between 12-16 weeks

Your wife will need to get her skills assessed with ANCI and this usually takes 4-6wks.
I got mine in just over 4 wks .
If I can answer any other queries you might have just send me a pm.

Diane
Old Sep 18th 2003, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

Adelaide2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya, me and the wife have just got residency (in July 2003) and will be movin in November. She is a midwife and the whole process only took 5 months, we started the whole thing in Feb applying for the skills assessment and 5 months later..yippee!!!

It will be probably be quicker if all the application is done under the nursing qualification as they are fast tracking those!

Si and Emma
Old Sep 18th 2003, 3:30 pm
mackem lad

Originally posted by steandleigh
hi Ian, there's heaps of threads on here to assist you on location, price etc. If your wife is a nurse, then her as the main applicant would mean that she gets priority and her app will be fast tracked - they are only fast tracking nurses at the mo and no other proffession.

Good Luck, Leigh.
Old Sep 18th 2003, 3:32 pm
mackem lad

Originally posted by steandleigh

Good Luck, Leigh.
thanks for your help leigh
Old Sep 18th 2003, 3:48 pm
mackem lad

Originally posted by dibrucewillis
Hi there

I am a nurse and I applied for skilled independent subclass 136 visa(front loaded) beginning of July03 and had visa granted Aug 03 which believe me came as a complete surprise
I hadn't expected to hear anything until October/November time.
Nurses are currently on the ministers priority list and visas are being processed between 12-16 weeks

Your wife will need to get her skills assessed with ANCI and this usually takes 4-6wks.
I got mine in just over 4 wks .
If I can answer any other queries you might have just send me a pm.

Diane
thanks for your help Diane
Old Sep 18th 2003, 3:49 pm
mackem lad

Originally posted by Adelaide2003
hiya, me and the wife have just got residency (in July 2003) and will be movin in November. She is a midwife and the whole process only took 5 months, we started the whole thing in Feb applying for the skills assessment and 5 months later..yippee!!!

It will be probably be quicker if all the application is done under the nursing qualification as they are fast tracking those!

Si and Emma
thanks for that si and emma
Old Sep 18th 2003, 5:06 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Oz here we come,hopefully?????

Hi, We're in this situation too. I am a nurse, hubby is a telecoms manager. We haven't sent for the application yet, but we're about to. Also, we would like similar premises. Ha ha ha!!!
But we'd be content with just 2 swimming pools. Seriously, though, have you seen what you can get???? See you in Perth soon, hopefully:scared: :scared:
Old Sep 18th 2003, 5:23 pm
mackem lad

thanks Vicky,still early stages about property,prices seem to vary.this site is great for assisting you.Best wishes Ian
Old Sep 18th 2003, 6:54 pm
Nov 27th 2003: Brisbane

BrisbaneBrummie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all......

I am moving to Brisbane in November this year (2 months away!).... I will be applying for the defacto spouse visa, my Australian girlfriend has been here with me since Feb, but we go back to last November, so we will have been together for the 12 month period which is stated on the requirements page.

I currently live in Neath, south wales, where are you from Welshboy?

Hope all goes well for you all.

Trev
Old Sep 18th 2003, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Good on ya mate! I hope it all goes through quickly for you.