Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oz has a fabulous 'NEW' Drink!!

Wikiposts

Oz has a fabulous 'NEW' Drink!!

Old Sep 18th 2003, 6:07 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz has a fabulous 'NEW' Drink!!

Originally posted by salonit
like coke floats!!
Personally I think it tastes watery and very very synthetic.

It was quite amusing last weekend, while at some friends, we gave our kids coke floats and my son was bouncing of the ceiling an hour later. Found out that one of the older kids had made my little boy another one
Old Sep 18th 2003, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

My vote is for 'vanilla coke is great' mob.

Whisky
Old Sep 18th 2003, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

What about Gatorade they all love that out there- or is that just in the States?
Old Sep 18th 2003, 7:52 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
EH??

Might be a marketing ploy or somthing. Cherry cokes been over there for ages. Asked the wife, and she can remember it from school too, so they've had it for at least 10 years or so.
Yeah we had it here years ago, No one drank it ,so they pulled it, if you seen what coke does to copper you would,nt drink the shit....... mm
Old Sep 18th 2003, 8:09 am
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

It's kinda like the UK getting the 'NEW' state of the art security measures on Switch and Credit Card transactions - ie entering a PIN number instead of a signature in stores....

Only about 15 years after the rest of the world...

Each country thinks it's the centre of the world, when of course, as we all know, America is the true centre of the world

Originally posted by janeyray
Just thought I would let all you Cola fans out there know that they now have 'NEW' Cherry Cola drink here!!!!???

"New?", I ask myself..Isn't this the very same Cherry Cola I drank when I went to school some many years back. Well I rest my case about Oz being behind!!??:scared:
Old Sep 18th 2003, 8:19 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally posted by jwinch
Can you get vanilla coke yet ?? my favourite

My fav to, just love it.
Old Sep 18th 2003, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Hey Janey did you also see on the news what else they are excited about here thats new and they are doing trials on " CCTV CAMERAS " well me and hubby looked at each other stunned They will eventually catch up , not !!! My tutour at TAFE , said we here in australia are at least 20 years behind the states
Joanne xx
Old Sep 18th 2003, 11:07 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jopaulss
Hey Janey did you also see on the news what else they are excited about here thats new and they are doing trials on " CCTV CAMERAS " well me and hubby looked at each other stunned They will eventually catch up , not !!! My tutour at TAFE , said we here in australia are at least 20 years behind the states
Joanne xx

I read recently that in Brisbane the supermarkets were seriously thinking about getting people to make a deposit on trolleys since they keep going missing. I remember when they introduced this in the UK, must be 20 years ago
Old Sep 18th 2003, 11:35 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto PeteY & MM, cherry coke was here years ago, tasted horrible so no-one drank it. Its been brought back now, probably in the hope that some of the people coming to live here might like it. Theres no accounting for taste sometimes

If having CCTV (because crime is so bad) is the way you judge whether a country is "behind the times" or not, then I'd rather be behind, thanx anyway
Old Sep 18th 2003, 12:41 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Coke and Ice-Cream is called 'A Spider' here in Perth, ask for an ice cream float and they will look at you gone out.

Salonit- They do sell diet vanilla coke so you will be ok

I asked a friend who has lived in Perth all her life about Cherry Coke and she says she has never seen it, maybe it just came to the estern states all those years ago, or maybe my friend has led a sheltered life??

As for typing in your own pin number in a queue of about 10 or more people in a shopping centre, its not my idea of good security. If you get your card stolen and the person used it because he saw you type in yout pin number then "hard Cheese' because thats they way the banks look at it... You gave away your pin number, you loose your money!! May be different in the UK when they start using it more widely but here, those are the rules.????
Old Sep 18th 2003, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

God you are right. I must have been totally brainwashed cos I though IT WAS NEW!!!

Counselling please!!!

:scared:
Old Sep 18th 2003, 2:08 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DianeOZ
God you are right. I must have been totally brainwashed cos I though IT WAS NEW!!!

Counselling please!!!

:scared:
All my colleagues here at the Uni are raving about Cherry Coke.

They rave about sushi too, tried that and nearly vomited.
Old Sep 18th 2003, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by janeyray
Coke and Ice-Cream is called 'A Spider' here in Perth, ask for an ice cream float and they will look at you gone out.

Salonit- They do sell diet vanilla coke so you will be ok

I asked a friend who has lived in Perth all her life about Cherry Coke and she says she has never seen it, maybe it just came to the estern states all those years ago, or maybe my friend has led a sheltered life??

As for typing in your own pin number in a queue of about 10 or more people in a shopping centre, its not my idea of good security. If you get your card stolen and the person used it because he saw you type in yout pin number then "hard Cheese' because thats they way the banks look at it... You gave away your pin number, you loose your money!! May be different in the UK when they start using it more widely but here, those are the rules.????
Cheers Jane
I keep saying to myself that when we move to Perth we will adapt and wont want things from the UK ( when I lived in Kenya we used to get people to bring stuff like kit kats and mars bars when they came to visit - we were kids then!) ...we will adapt once we get there - but its nice to have some things for comfort! Feel relieved ( Sadly!!)
Would I ever have guessed that a coke float was called spider????? Thx 4 lingo - at least coke float sounds like what it is! spider?? Thats why we will have fun in ozzie! when i moved from London to Manchester I nearly fell over when my assitants asked me if wanted a Brew when i started work at 8 am!! ( thinking of special brew!!) ( for those who dont know brew is tea/coffee) Now i speak like a true northener ( i work with the public and have made several diagnostic errors!)
let me know if any illnesses /medicines lingo ....anyone...like crook for ill...very sorry..drifted from vanilla coke a bit...!
Old Sep 18th 2003, 7:26 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jandjuk
It's kinda like the UK getting the 'NEW' state of the art security measures on Switch and Credit Card transactions - ie entering a PIN number instead of a signature in stores....

Only about 15 years after the rest of the world...

Each country thinks it's the centre of the world, when of course, as we all know, America is the true centre of the world
Kinda like Australian banks not offering smart card technology on credit cards making them piss easy to copy!
Old Sep 18th 2003, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by badgersmount
Steve Bannister was talking about that banned substance that has just been introduced in to Australia under a different name....

used in soft drinks
I take it steve has`nt found any dangerous substances in fosters as at my leaving drink last sat he was scoffing it like a dingo in a drought.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.