Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is oz a good place to go..

Is oz a good place to go..

Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

ScottBev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is oz a good place to go..

Im 14 and im wondering if id benifit being in oz for my future? Please reply.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:58 pm
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Is oz a good place to go..

Originally Posted by ScottBev
Oz is a good place to retire.But if you are looking for fast paced life then US/UK are the best options for you.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is oz a good place to go..

We have an almost 14 year old. Have been here almost 8 months. If you pm me, I'll give you her msn addy and you can chat to the likeminded She's quite happy here - although I know it was tough for her to start with. Good luck.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 12:56 pm
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold

Re: Oz is a good place to retire.But if you are looking for fast paced life then US/UK are the best options for you.

Hello, just wondering about what people get up to in these countries if you want a fast paced life? What type of activities do they do? I have been to both the US and I live in the UK now, and only a small minority of people have a fast paced life from what I gather. Yes London is busy, but that is because 8 million people live here, and unless you are part of the "A" list most people just seem to have dinner parties, go out for meals etc, just like other places in the world. Is being surrounded by throngs of people mean you have a fast paced life? I have friends in Perth who I would consider having a fast paced life, ie working hard and playing hard. I can't keep up with them.

I found Sydney to be one of the busiest, active cities I have ever been to, even more so than New York.

PS I am not trying to be critical of your statement, I am just curious.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 1:29 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Australia is just a fab place to live.

We had a great life in the UK but since moving here to the Gold Coast, we are having an absolute ball.

If you are thinking of moving here.......then go for it!

Old Oct 26th 2006, 1:45 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Oz is a good place to retire.But if you are looking for fast paced life then US/UK are the best options for you.
That's possibly not the most helpful post to a 14 year old you could have made. They sort of have to go where their parents go

To ScottBev, Aus is fab. My 14 year old didn't want to come, but has now settled and is enjoying life again with mates all over the world. Loads of great out of school stuff to do, still have school obviously but in my opinion they are just as good here as there.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 1:49 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Australia is just a fab place to live.

We had a great life in the UK but since moving here to the Gold Coast, we are having an absolute ball.

If you are thinking of moving here.......then go for it!
Thanks for that, you do wonder when life is ok in the UK why you are moving, but as we thought....... Life it seems can be even better 'Down Under'!!!! C x
Old Oct 26th 2006, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

ScottBev is an unknown quantity at this point

Is oz like you see it on the telly?
Old Oct 26th 2006, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Like Neighbours no, nothing like it!

Not like home & away either.

Really have to see it for yourself to judge...

Also have to consider that in such a vast country there's a lot of differences, like comparing Italy to England....

Has some very nice areas and not so nice, same with the people.

Can be heaven or hell, just depends on where you live and who you live with....
Old Oct 26th 2006, 7:08 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Is oz a good place to go..

Yes and No. If you are referring to Home and Away / Neighbours, then ask yourself the question - is my current life in the UK accurately reflected by Eastenders/Coronation Street?

However there are some really good wildlife documentaries and travel programmes on some channels that more accurately depict some aspects of what some of Australia is like.

Well done for asking these types of questions though.

Buzzy
Old Oct 26th 2006, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Matt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud of

Hello,
I am age 15 and i am moving to oz in June/July, at first i was the same as you, i didnt think that oz would befinfit me in any way.

But then i went for 5 weeks....

And i have realised how more relaxed a life over there will be, you also have the weather and surfers and it is clean and there is loads of wildlife, the houses arent all cramped in like they are over here....

you will benifit....

Now the only thing that is keeping me over here is my friends and family...

hope that this helps....

message back if you want any more.

Matt

x
Old Oct 26th 2006, 8:08 pm
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Is oz a good place to go..

Its not only a fabolous places place but its a great country.Australia have its value in Europe,America,Africa,Asia and with its GDP higher than Germany and France it is regarded in top 20 GDP countries.

Australia is a rich country, where you can do whatever you like to do in terms of your career.In sydney, you must specially work hard if you want to remain as a jobless person.Australia have more employment rate, beautiful weather then Canada but Canada have some special benefits like TN1 etc. with US.United States of Canada is economical giant because of US but Australia has its own class.Australia is not so much dependant on UK as its counter part Canada is dependant on US.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 8:18 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Its not only a fabolous places place but its a great country.Australia have its value in Europe,America,Africa,Asia and with its GDP higher than Germany and France it is regarded in top 20 GDP countries.

Australia is a rich country, where you can do whatever you like to do in terms of your career.In sydney, you must specially work hard if you want to remain as a jobless person.Australia have more employment rate, beautiful weather then Canada but Canada have some special benefits like TN1 etc. with US.United States of Canada is economical giant because of US but Australia has its own class.Australia is not so much dependant on UK as its counter part Canada is dependant on US.
Huh...?
Old Oct 26th 2006, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodders39
Huh...?

I was in full agreement with other poster until they got to "Its not only a fabolous" :scared:
Old Oct 26th 2006, 9:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

...........where you can do whatever you like to do in terms of your career.In sydney, you must specially work hard if you want to remain as a jobless person......... .

I like a good laugh over my morning coffee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.