Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oz: Example of successful ACS RPL submission

Oz: Example of successful ACS RPL submission

Old Feb 3rd 2002, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

WhiteRose is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

Like many other people whose comments I have read on this message forum, I am in the akward position of having worked in the IT industry all my working life, but having a degree in Science, in particular BSc. Applied Biology.

I would obviously like to apply for PR under the IT fasttrack (sorry non-IT people, I don't think it's fair either), but I am having real problems trying to work out what the ACS want me to say on my RPL application.

Therefore, I would be extremely grateful if anyone who has had a successful RPL application could e-mail me their submission so that I could take a look at the sort of things that the ACS will accept.

I would be very grateful for any feedback on this query. Please e-mail me at [email protected].

Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to help me with this.

Thanks,

Steve
Old Feb 4th 2002, 4:46 am
ams
Forum Regular

ams is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Steve...I've applied for RPL as I'm a Commerce Graduate.

I've not yet received the assessment (been 4 weeks) but am hopeful that I'll be cleared. I've got the stuff I submitted in soft copy and in case you are interested to know what to submit please feel free to let me know and I'll send them to you straight away. I surely cannot guarantee that it is an ideal stuff but I guess I was pretty thorough.

Cheers...Ams
Old Feb 4th 2002, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Ams,

Thanks for the offer. Could you e-mail me your details to [email protected] and I will send you my address.

I would still like to hear from anyone else who has successfully passed the RPL from a position like mine.

Thanks,

Steve
Old Feb 5th 2002, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the help so far.

Does anyone else have any experience of the RPL process that they could share with me?

Thanks,

Steve
Old Feb 5th 2002, 11:51 pm
Adrian

ams <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Hi Ams,

I'm just another person going through the frustrating and confusing RPL process
(with 14 years experience and no degree). I would REALLY appreciate having a look
at your submission as an example. Please could you forward a copy to:
[email protected] - thanks!

If anyone out there has any advice, and has applied under similar circumstances,
please get in contact.

I'm not able to gather references for a couple of years when I contracted at various
companies. I have a reference for my first position (9 years) and will be able to
obtain 2 from the last 2 years. From 1996 to 1999, references will probably not be
possible. Does anyone think this will be an issue.

Additionally, I'm looking for examples on how questions 3 and 4 should be answered.
Any suggestions?

Does anyone know of the current processing time for a IT based PR application
through Adelaide?

Many thanks! Adrian

Old Feb 6th 2002, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

dave66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I had the same problem ie. 14 years DBA experience, I have a degree but not in IT. I also have contracted for most of my IT life = not many references at all, (I managed to get 4 years worth in the end). You should be OK, as long as you have references that cover 4 years, that's all they want (I know this because I met them regarding this problem, I live in Sydney and work around the corner from the ACS). I have just sent in my RPL application and like you and many others, I had no idea what they wanted and still don't really, I don't think they are too sure themselves. I just sent in pages and pages of technical bullshit that hopefully they will be impressed with...took me ages, about 15 pages altogether - typed, not hand written. If I'm successful I'll leave a message on here. Apparently it is taking 10 weeks for the ACS to process applications at the moment and 3/4 months for PR at Adelaide.

Cheers,

Dave.
Old Feb 7th 2002, 3:50 am
ams
Forum Regular

Hi Dave....Thanks for the info. About the RPL requirements I'm totally agreeing with you. I wrote 19 pages of the same "bullshit" and for me also it took ages. I'm already into my 6th week with ACS but guess it's going to take some more time. Time scale for IT PR at Adelaide is encouraging though.

Adrian...hi..

I'm sending you a couple of documents for you to look through...just for an idea.

Ams
Old Feb 7th 2002, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Steve, my husband has a BSc in BioChemistry, but has worked in IT most of his working life, mainly as a contractor. Before he left each job, he made a point of asking for a reference, and is now thankful that he did, at least he had plenty of references to send to the ACS. He's away at the moment, but when asked for advice on submitting an application by someone else, this is how he replied:

"I wrote an extensive CV (11 pages) detailing my employment history. I also submitted about ten references from previous employers. I prepared a single page cover letter to summarise why I would be beneficial to Australia, and my aspirations. I completed four pages on the core body of knowledge (section 3) which I found a bit hard going and a bit of a repeat of the CV in places. I did not provide any examples of my work other than a couple of company articles describing some successes. I also provided a booklist showing all the computer books I own. It took me a long time to prepare this application which I re-worded several times to make it easy to read and understand. I started the prep work in June and finally finished in September."

He sent his application to the ACS on September 14th, and the return letter confirming his suitability was dated 4th October, so that took just under 3 weeks!

They responded so quickly we hadn't had chance to get everything ready for the visa application, but eventually submitted it on November 14th and following our medicals in January, are just waiting to hear now, 12 weeks wait so far.
Old Feb 7th 2002, 10:07 am
Adrian

ams <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Hi Ams,

I REALLY appreciate your help.

GOOD LUCK!

Adrian

Old Feb 7th 2002, 4:38 pm
Gary Davidson

ams <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
Hi Ams

I started looking at the RPL requirements last August but got put off by all the
paper work. Could I be really cheeky and ask if you could e-mail an example to me
too, it would really help encourage to get back into it.

Would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Gary

Old Feb 11th 2002, 2:13 pm
ams
Forum Regular

Hi Gary...but where's your email id?

Ams
Old Feb 12th 2002, 10:41 am
Sat

Hi Jacqui

Thank you for your information. I need a great favour from you. I am finding some
difficulty in preapring RPL, If you have your copy of RPL material, could you send it
to [email protected].

Thank you Sat

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Feb 12th 2002, 12:40 pm
Nick

Hi everyone,
Only found this site this week, found it really helpful.

I am also having difficulty in preparing my ACS RPL application. I have been working in IT for 5 years since passing a HND in Electrical Engineering so will have to go through the RPL process.

If anyone could send me an example of their RPL application as an example then it would be really appreciated. So far I have 5 pages but it seems that I keep repeating my CV, and it doesn't make easy reading.

I have been considering going through a migration agent, would anyone recommend this or is it just as easy and cost efficient applying yourself?

If anyone has any advice on this then please e-mail me.

e-mail: [email protected]

Thanks in advance

Nick.

Old Feb 12th 2002, 3:04 pm
Jab

Does anyone know how soon after a failed application for ACS RPL you can apply again,
or is it a one time only chance. I should be okay but need a little reassurance that
all won't be lost on a first attempt?

Also any example of what to put in references and cv's would be very useful to me

Thanks,

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Feb 12th 2002, 3:07 pm
Jab

If you do have anything to help me, I would be very grateful. My email is
[email protected]

Thanks all,

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.