Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oz Driving Test on the Web

Wikiposts

Oz Driving Test on the Web

Old Nov 11th 2004, 2:21 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oz Driving Test on the Web

Does anyone recall the web link to the Australian written driving test "test" site.
I am sure I saw this before on here. Tried a search.
TIA

Andrew
Old Nov 11th 2004, 2:38 pm

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Oz Driving Test on the Web

This is the one for NSW:

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/...est/index.html

Don't know for QLD. BTW I just got a speeding fine in QLD. Damn.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Tina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant future

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/l...uiz/index.html
Heres the one for WA......
Old Nov 11th 2004, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

QLD:
http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/L...drive_yourkeys
Old Nov 11th 2004, 4:37 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers guys.
Looks like QLD doesn't have the quiz like the other states.
I assume they are roughly the same.

Andrew
Old Nov 11th 2004, 5:04 pm
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

I popped into the department of transport and passed my test with no revision, there are no trick questions and it was very easy.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 5:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mutant
I popped into the department of transport and passed my test with no revision, there are no trick questions and it was very easy.
I agree there are no 'trick' questions. But it is a bit of a pain the way they concentrate on the give way rule (10 questions on it). Especially this mythical unmarked crossroads. Hands up anyone who knows where an unmarked 4 way intersection is, and then have they ever arrived at it simultaneously with 3 other cars coming from 3 different directions, all wanting to turn different ways. And if you did, would you not just sit back and think, 'b*gger me, what are the chances of that', and just give way to everyone

I'm not bitter or anything just cos I failed it first time because of those stupid mythical junction questions .

Cheers,
JTL

Oh just thought of one question that could be considered a 'trick'. They show the red triangle with the roundabout sign in it and ask if it means a) Roundabout approaching or b) give way to traffic on the roundabout. It means b), but a) was sort of close and could confuse a stupid person.

Last edited by JackTheLad; Nov 11th 2004 at 5:44 pm. Reason: Added point about red triangle roundabout sign
Old Nov 11th 2004, 9:49 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I agree there are no 'trick' questions. But it is a bit of a pain the way they concentrate on the give way rule (10 questions on it). Especially this mythical unmarked crossroads. Hands up anyone who knows where an unmarked 4 way intersection is, and then have they ever arrived at it simultaneously with 3 other cars coming from 3 different directions, all wanting to turn different ways. And if you did, would you not just sit back and think, 'b*gger me, what are the chances of that', and just give way to everyone

I'm not bitter or anything just cos I failed it first time because of those stupid mythical junction questions .

Cheers,
JTL

Oh just thought of one question that could be considered a 'trick'. They show the red triangle with the roundabout sign in it and ask if it means a) Roundabout approaching or b) give way to traffic on the roundabout. It means b), but a) was sort of close and could confuse a stupid person.
I had a go at the WA test with no revision and got 27/30 (24 pass mark). All were pretty obvious except drink drive limit (which I think varies by state) and the one about when is it legal to ride in the back of a ute (when it has roll bars, apparently, even though you would have been thrown out 100yds down the road if it rolled)
Old Nov 11th 2004, 9:52 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by worzel
I had a go at the WA test with no revision and got 27/30 (24 pass mark). All were pretty obvious except drink drive limit (which I think varies by state) and the one about when is it legal to ride in the back of a ute (when it has roll bars, apparently, even though you would have been thrown out 100yds down the road if it rolled)
The Victorian one has one or two questions on Trams, when not to overtake / undertake etc so safer to read up on it first.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 9:58 pm
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Just for those that want to know what the process is...

I had a go on Tuesday at the Joondalup office, (in Perth, WA), which opens at 8:15 and I arrived just after that. You get a ticket which, when it's called will allow you to register for what tests you'd like to do. I wanted to do both my car and motorbike - get it all over and done with in one shot! They then test your eyesight, which is just reading the letters on a chart like at the optometrist.
I then went to a room kitted out with computers and sat down to do my two tests. The car theory test has 30 questions of which you get 30 minutes to do it in. I did it in 5 minutes and got 29 out of 30 so it isn't difficult!
After I completed it I continued onto the motorbike test which has 15 questions which you get 15 minutes to do it in. I flew through that and got full marks!
When you're finished with your test(s) you get another ticket and when called you get your results and basically pay for your license. They take your photo and then will post your license out to you within 5 days.
And that's it! How easy was that?!
Oh, by the way you need to take your passport, UK license and something with your address on, like a Telstra bill.

You can get the Drive Safe book for free from the license department or police station. I read through the booklet once and did a few tests on-line at:
http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/l...uiz/index.html

So... when you go, I would recommend you go as early as possible as you'll be out within an hour. They get really busy after lunch time and you can end up being there for a few hours.

Ok guys and gals, gotta dash off to meet some girls on a girls night out...
Old Nov 11th 2004, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

markr1963 is a jewel in the roughmarkr1963 is a jewel in the roughmarkr1963 is a jewel in the roughmarkr1963 is a jewel in the rough

Did exactly the same as Sunchaser (same result, same place too) a few weeks back. Only thing I'd add is it's mostly common sense but swot up on right of ways, distances from various objects and alcohol limits. The online practise tests are good for this.

Other than that it's a doodle

Mark
Old Nov 11th 2004, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=sunchaser

I then went to a room kitted out with computers and sat down to do my two tests. The car theory test has 30 questions of which you get 30 minutes to do it in. I did it in 5 minutes and got 29 out of 30 so it isn't difficult!
After I completed it I continued onto the motorbike test which has 15 questions which you get 15 minutes to do it in. I flew through that and got full marks!
on-line at:
[url]http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/learner/quiz/index.html[/url]

Hey, great fun. I've just had a try and got 28 out of 30!
Old Nov 12th 2004, 12:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by worzel

Wow thats cushy, the QLD test is a pass of 28 out of 30, and if you get 2 wrong in any one section you fail. First time I got 28 out of 30, but failed because I got 2 wrong in the 'give way' section. (don't get me started on the mythical unmarked 4 way intersection again ).

Second time got 100%

Cheers,
JTL
Old Nov 16th 2004, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Wow thats cushy, the QLD test is a pass of 28 out of 30, and if you get 2 wrong in any one section you fail. First time I got 28 out of 30, but failed because I got 2 wrong in the 'give way' section. (don't get me started on the mythical unmarked 4 way intersection again ).

Second time got 100%

Cheers,
JTL
The tremors have started already
I am taking mine tomorrow :scared:
Old Nov 16th 2004, 5:13 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

Second time got 100%

Cheers,
JTL
Yup same here, although I did fail first time...I got some really sneaky questions. Having done 10 online practise tests and failed only one, How cheesed off was I to fail first time. Walked out of the RTA in a right little snot.

However, the road rules are similar to the UK, but if your not sure read up on all of the rules and wonderful signs that we have over here. Seeing as they are quiet big on drink driving you would expect more questions on how many crates of beer you can have before its illegal to drive...not the case, I got about 2 questions on booze and cruise.

Second time for me was 100% questions right and flew through them, it was shit or bust.

Driving in Sydney is really interesting, you need to be psychic, have the ability to just pick a gap and go!, no-one gives way!. leave a 3 foot gap between you and the car in front and some bastard will be in it driving or otherwise. So far I have learned 20 more swear words whilst driving round.

I have also noticed that certain types like to make their 4 cylinder cars sound like a V8 (which don't work) and have weird Turbo and extractor systems. Anyone living in Sydney will know who or what I mean. especially near Bankstown/Strathfield area.

Ok rant over, off out to the Club for some Beer, Food and Pokie machines...don't you just love it here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.