Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OZ. Does this place exist?

OZ. Does this place exist?

Old Jan 24th 2004, 9:38 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default OZ. Does this place exist?

Here goes.

Just wondering if there is a place in OZ that meets the following criteria?

1. Climate. Mild winters and warm/hot (not 35+ heat) summers.

2. Near to the ocean.

3. Good schools.

4. Low crime.

5. Not in a city.

So does utopia exist and where is it

Jack
Old Jan 24th 2004, 9:50 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OZ. Does this place exist?

Originally posted by Jack Daws
Here goes.

2. Near to the ocean.

3. Good schools.

4. Low crime.

5. Not in a city.

Jack

Tasmania !
Old Jan 24th 2004, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't call -4 degrees winters mild. That is quite extreme, but it can get down to those temperatures during winter in tassy.
Old Jan 24th 2004, 10:18 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is at the end of a Yellow Brick Road.

G
Old Jan 24th 2004, 10:24 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Tassie !!!
But you better hurry coz real estate is booming there and what was paradise for next to nothing will soon be never never land for the common folk

Old Jan 24th 2004, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Luke I Amyofath
Yes Tassie !!!
But you better hurry coz real estate is booming there and what was paradise for next to nothing will soon be never never land for the common folk

plus the fact that more land is logged in Tasmania every year than the rest of Australia put together. Soon it will be nothing but tree stumps and more climate problems.
Old Jan 24th 2004, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

MrsTurbo is an unknown quantity at this point

Here goes.

2. Near to the ocean.

3. Good schools.

4. Low crime.

5. Not in a city.

Jack
How about the South Coast of NSW, from Batemans Bay down. Nearest city is probably Canberra (3 hrs away). Not sure about crime but its near to the beach (lots of deserted ones too) and the schools are good. Climate is excellent, rarely extremely hot with nice winters too.
Old Jan 24th 2004, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by MrsTurbo
How about the South Coast of NSW, from Batemans Bay down. Nearest city is probably Canberra (3 hrs away). Not sure about crime but its near to the beach (lots of deserted ones too) and the schools are good. Climate is excellent, rarely extremely hot with nice winters too.
Check this out...

Sapphire Coast
Old Jan 24th 2004, 12:38 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Heaven (Must Be There)

Crime in Heaven

Crime in Various Parts

Crime in NSW
Old Jan 24th 2004, 2:46 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies.

Prob. a dumb question but...Anyone know if the saphire coast as an Hospital (for work) if so what town?

Cheers

Jack
Old Jan 24th 2004, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies.

Prob. a dumb question but...Anyone know if the saphire coast as an Hospital (for work) if so what town?

Cheers

Jack
Jack,

Try this link:

Sapphire Coast health service

As you'll see the "Sapphire Coast" area goes a fair way inland as well, so unless you want country NSW...

I've noticed that on the NSW Tourism site they just call the whole area from Berry (just south of Woollongong) to the border the South Coast:

NSW Tourism - South Coast

I grew up in Canberra and spent most of my holidays on the South Coast so I know the area pretty well. My grandfather also lives there now so if I can be of any help, just drop me a line.

That area is on our list of possible places to move too!

Sally
Old Jan 24th 2004, 3:34 pm
Banned

Thanks Sallly

I will check those sites out now.

I have looked at the climate and it ranges from 7 degrees(winter) - 27 degrees (summer). Just seems a little cool in winter. Is it?

Jack
Old Jan 24th 2004, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Sallly

I will check those sites out now.

I have looked at the climate and it ranges from 7 degrees(winter) - 27 degrees (summer). Just seems a little cool in winter. Is it?

Jack
Well, I don't think 7C is that cold in winter, they are generally very clear, bright days which makes all the difference in the winter. I can't remember ever being really freezing down there, used to sit outside all night and smoke cigarettes in July!! My Mum lives on the Central Coast above Sydney and whenever she speaks to my Grandad (in the winter) he is much warmer down there than she is.

We've found that the only problem with wanting warmer winters is that you need to go further up the coast but then you're looking at humid summers - something neither my hubby or I are particularly fond of.

Sally
Old Jan 24th 2004, 5:30 pm
Banned

Any other areas worth checking out?

Whats the Gold coast like?

Too hot?

House prices?

School?

Crime?

I know its a can of worms question. But your views are valued

Jack
Old Jan 24th 2004, 9:20 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.