British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   In Oz, can I get..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/oz-can-i-get-390671/)

Downies Aug 15th 2006 12:58 am

In Oz, can I get.....

Zovirax cold sore cream?

Periodic sufferer that I am, been well chuffed ever since I have been able to purchase over counter at pharmacies in the UK!

I have just took over several tubes to family in Norway (where they cant get it) and family asked if I would be able to buy this in Oz! I hadnt thought of that - just assumed I would be able.

However I said - I have lots and lots of back up in the form of BE members who might be able to answer this question.

Please help out - anyone who suffers from coldsores - can I buy Zovirax down under?

Paula

JaneandJim Aug 15th 2006 1:00 am

Re: In Oz, can I get.....

Originally Posted by Downies
Please help out - anyone who suffers from coldsores - can I buy Zovirax down under?

Paula

Yes, you can get it in the supermarkets.

Jane :)

Downies Aug 15th 2006 1:02 am

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
Yes, you can get it in the supermarkets.

Jane :)

Answer in under two minutes!! Phew, what a relief!! Just wait till I tell the rellos!

Thanks Jane

Paula

Mrs Jackaroo Aug 15th 2006 1:03 am

Answer in under two minutes!! Phew, what a relief!! Just wait till I tell the rellos!

Thanks Jane

Paula

http://www.epharmacy.com.au/product.asp?id=8506 :)

CadburysFingers Aug 15th 2006 1:58 am

Zovirax cold sore cream?

Periodic sufferer that I am, been well chuffed ever since I have been able to purchase over counter at pharmacies in the UK!

I have just took over several tubes to family in Norway (where they cant get it) and family asked if I would be able to buy this in Oz! I hadnt thought of that - just assumed I would be able.

However I said - I have lots and lots of back up in the form of BE members who might be able to answer this question.

Paula

I used to get cold sores a lot, started taking one vitamin C tablet a day..........and not had one since.

Downies Aug 15th 2006 2:04 am

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
I used to get cold sores a lot, started taking one vitamin C tablet a day..........and not had one since.

I take Vit C also - has reduced my cold sore incidents dramatically, however during stressful times, when I get a head cold or after flying I tend to get an outbreak - If I catch it early enough, they dont come through fully and go away within hours instead of weeks.

I always carry a little tube in my handbag - and keep one in the bed side draw incase I wake up with a little tingle!

Paula

squeezzii Aug 15th 2006 2:23 am

Zovirax cold sore cream?

Paula

Hi Paula -I buy the chemists own brand 'cold sore cream' its the same as zovirax as its active ingredient is 5% aciclovir but it comes in a 5g tube and is much cheaper...

Downies Aug 15th 2006 2:27 am

Originally Posted by squeezzii
Hi Paula -I buy the chemists own brand 'cold sore cream' its the same as zovirax as its active ingredient is 5% aciclovir but it comes in a 5g tube and is much cheaper...

Will keep an eye out for that in future - I always like to save pennies! Especially if active ingredient the same!

Thanks for tip

Paula