Reload this Page >

oz is the best!!

Wikiposts

oz is the best!!

Old Sep 3rd 2003, 9:32 am
dazuk

Default oz is the best!!

i love oz!!!

the range of entertainment outshines thr UK in every way!! I have met many intersting and educated people in ozzie pubs, unlike the UK where people just pump money intp pokies and gamble on greyhound races. I also love the wide range of conversation that the aussies have, unlike the UK where all people talk about is sport and V8 cars. I love the way that international travel is such a cheap and easy option. Whats best is the character of towns so unlike the UK, where there is just miles and miles of non-desript, souless suburbs.

What really makes it for me though, is the fact that aussies love poms and have no chip on their shoulders at all over their colonial past.

Best country is the world!

Old Sep 3rd 2003, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

What a great positive post. Just lately there have been too many negative posts and then just yesterday one of those "expats" who think they know something about Oz just because they have lived here for "several years" started a thread that was PRETENDING to like Oz but was just more mucking about.

It is such a relief to see a heartfelt post like yours that is not afraid to sing out with your heart about just how great Oz really is.

I may add a few extra lines of admiration...

Ozzies are citizens of the world. They think nothing of spending several seconds every night on the news giving us in depth coverage of events in "Overseas". From what I have been able to gather from these regular bulletins, "Overseas" is somewhere off the coast where there are people who sound funny and where Ozzies are always at the centre of events. I think Mr George is the leader of Overseas, but I don't know which part of Oz he is from.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 10:08 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: oz is the best!!

Originally posted by dazuk
i love oz!!!

the range of entertainment outshines thr UK in every way!! I have met many intersting and educated people in ozzie pubs, unlike the UK where people just pump money intp pokies and gamble on greyhound races. I also love the wide range of conversation that the aussies have, unlike the UK where all people talk about is sport and V8 cars. I love the way that international travel is such a cheap and easy option. Whats best is the character of towns so unlike the UK, where there is just miles and miles of non-desript, souless suburbs.

What really makes it for me though, is the fact that aussies love poms and have no chip on their shoulders at all over their colonial past.

Best country is the world!
Sounds like you are missing a particular type of pub and don't like the Aussie ones you have been to. Why inflict yourself on them anymore?

So instead of play acting the traditional Brit colonialist, consider engaging your mind before engaging your whinge reflex.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 10:11 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

i love oz!!!

I have met many intersting and educated people in ozzie pubs,
You're obviously not one of em.

Dotty has already done the sarcasim about Aus thread. Why did'nt you just put your post on there, along with the other whingers.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Megalania
Sounds like you are missing a particular type of pub and don't like the Aussie ones you have been to. Why inflict yourself on them anymore?

So instead of play acting the traditional Brit colonialist, consider engaging your mind before engaging your whinge reflex.

Have you any other word in your vocabulary except "whinge"?

Ozzies obsession with "whingeing" is, itself, one of the most pathetic things about the narrow minded, scared to challenge and speak out, scared to be different place.

"Whingeing poms, oh they are such whingeing poms, they just whinge, ooooh, whingeing poms, whinge, they whinge, they are whingeing poms, ooooh ooooh, whingers, they are all whingers, whingeing poms, poms, poms, poms, poms, Whingeing poms, oh they are such whingeing poms, they just whinge, ooooh, whingeing poms, whinge, they whinge, they are whingeing poms, ooooh ooooh, whingers, they are all whingers, whingeing poms, poms, poms, poms, poms, Whingeing poms, oh they are such whingeing poms, they just whinge, ooooh, whingeing poms, whinge, they whinge, they are whingeing poms, ooooh ooooh, whingers, they are all whingers, whingeing poms, poms, poms, poms, poms, Whingeing poms, oh they are such whingeing poms, they just whinge, ooooh, whingeing poms, whinge, they whinge, they are whingeing poms, ooooh ooooh, whingers, they are all whingers, whingeing poms, poms, poms, poms, poms, Whingeing poms, oh they are such whingeing poms, they just whinge, ooooh, whingeing poms, whinge, they whinge, they are whingeing poms, ooooh ooooh, whingers, they are all whingers, whingeing poms, poms, poms, poms, poms, ....."
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 10:25 am
dazuk

also poms drink warm beer, need a wash oh and they whinge too!!!

oh and we get beaten at sport (have any ozzies told u that yet??)

Old Sep 3rd 2003, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Wilf

Ozzies obsession with "whingeing" is, itself, one of the most pathetic things about the narrow minded, scared to challenge and speak out, scared to be different place.

"Whingeing poms, oh they are such whingeing poms, they just whinge, ooooh, whingeing poms, whinge, they whinge, they are whingeing poms, ooooh ooooh, whingers, they are all whingers, whingeing poms, poms, poms, poms, poms, Whingeing poms, oh they are such whingeing poms, they just whinge, ooooh, whingeing poms, whinge, they whinge, they are whingeing poms, ooooh ooooh, whingers, they are all whingers, whingeing poms, poms, poms, poms, poms, Whingeing poms, oh they are such whingeing poms, they just whinge, ooooh, whingeing poms, whinge, they whinge, they are whingeing poms, ooooh ooooh, whingers, they are all whingers, whingeing poms, poms, poms, poms, poms, Whingeing poms, oh they are such whingeing poms, they just whinge, ooooh, whingeing poms, whinge, they whinge, they are whingeing poms, ooooh ooooh, whingers, they are all whingers, whingeing poms, poms, poms, poms, poms, Whingeing poms, oh they are such whingeing poms, they just whinge, ooooh, whingeing poms, whinge, they whinge, they are whingeing poms, ooooh ooooh, whingers, they are all whingers, whingeing poms, poms, poms, poms, poms, ....."
Comming from you thats like the pot calling the kettle black.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
Comming from you thats like the pot calling the kettle black.

You get me wrong Paul. I believe it is a healthy thing to criticise and all I am saying is that Ozzies try to stifle all criticism, even (and especially) from their own people, with this thing of "You are a whinger". I am saying that Ozzies are obsessed with calling anyone who criticises the place whingers and that is why the place will never address its problems and they they will get worse - heads in the sand.

Ironically, my kids who are now in the UK tell me that the other young ozzies they come across do nothing but moan about the UK and do not take advantage of much more than walkabout pubs and west/south west london. They do not moan about the wages though - not cause for complaint. So they are whingers? No - because they are Ozzies overseas. The usual bullshit hypocrisy that you get in OZ/NZ.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 10:48 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

So you are not unaware of the extensive Aussie vocabulary covering the whole gamat of Australian experience with Poms.

Time to move on to grammar but. Try variations of "bloody whinging Pommie Bastards". Add a few expletives to taste.

Next try moving beyond vocabulary and grammar to articulating concepts. For example "All Pommie Bastards are useless bloody idiots. Met one the other day whinging that his arse was on fire".

One can take this onto a more personal and relevant plane.

dazuk doesn't like the Aussie pubs: Pommie solution - find someone to whinge to about it, who better than other whinging Poms so they can all have a good collective moan and commiserate with each other just like they used to back in PommieLand. Aussie solution: don't keep going to pubs you don't like, look for something you do.

Wilf thinks PommieLand is the greatest thing ever, much better than sliced bread, and Aus is a wasteland only fit for whinging about. Aussie solution: use your legs, if you've got any else crawl on your elbows but which ever way get moving.

Last edited by Megalania; Sep 3rd 2003 at 10:53 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

So you are not unaware of the extensive Aussie vocabulary covering the whole gamat of Australian experience with Poms.

Time to move on to grammar but. Try variations of "bloody whinging Pommie Bastards". Add a few expletives to taste.

Next try moving beyond vocabulary and grammar to articulating concepts. For example "All Pommie Bastards are useless bloody idiots. Met one the other day whinging that his arse was on fire".

One can take this onto a more personal and relevant plane.

dazuk doesn't like the Aussie pubs: Pommie solution - find someone to whinge to about it, who better than other whinging Poms so they can all have a good collective moan and commiserate with each other just like they used to back in PommieLand. Aussie solution: don't keep going to pubs you don't like, look for something you do.

Wilf thinks PommieLand is the greatest thing ever, much better than sliced bread, and Aus is a wasteland only fit for whinging about. Aussie solution: use your legs, if you've got any else crawl on your elbows but which ever way get moving.

General situation:

Here is something that is less than perfect.

Pom solution: criticise it and analyse what is wrong; improve it or if not worth improving, invent a new thing that is better.

Oz solution: say nothing; stifle criticism with "Whinger" taunts; accept your lot; go overseas for something better.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 11:15 am
Banned

General situation:

Pom solution: criticise it and analyse what is wrong; improve it or if not worth improving, invent a new thing that is better.

Oz solution: say nothing; stifle criticism with "Whinger" taunts; accept your lot; go overseas for something better.
Nice theory. Why not try it. Incidentally, the aeroplane has already been invented.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 11:29 am
Banned

also poms drink warm beer, need a wash oh and they whinge too!!!

oh and we get beaten at sport (have any ozzies told u that yet??)
Now, how about putting the reputed great Brit analytical skills to personal advantage (the warm beer swigging great unwashed ones): open your own pub.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 11:38 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

General situation:

Oz attitude: " She'll be right mate:

Definition: I can't be bothered to accept that things can be done better and improved upon and will not act to make this happen.

End result: Acceptance of generally held views, blind acceptance of authority, decline of any value added industry and reliance on unsustainable primary production.

Failure to question how things are simply sustains the status quo. Acceptance of authority results in inefficient/ ineffective/corrupt police, politicians and institutions, high taxes, weak and weakening 'health service'. Is this the Australia that we wish our children to inherit or should we do small things in small ways to attempt to make it better?
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 11:47 am
Banned

Originally posted by jayr
Oz attitude: " She'll be right mate:

Definition: I can't be bothered to accept that things can be done better and improved upon and will not act to make this happen.

End result: Acceptance of generally held views, blind acceptance of authority, decline of any value added industry and reliance on unsustainable primary production.

Failure to question how things are simply sustains the status quo. Acceptance of authority results in inefficient/ ineffective/corrupt police, politicians and institutions, high taxes, weak and weakening 'health service'. Is this the Australia that we wish our children to inherit or should we do small things in small ways to attempt to make it better?
Again, nice theory.

Now how about an example of something you can see needs improvement that you (or one of us) can actually profitably DO something about?

If I could be bothered I could probably think up a thousands of things that could be improved unprofitably.

Last edited by Megalania; Sep 3rd 2003 at 11:49 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 12:16 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Again, nice theory.

Now how about an example of something you can see needs improvement that you (or one of us) can actually profitably DO something about?

If I could be bothered I could probably think up a thousands of things that could be improved unprofitably.

One of my favourites:

Why after visiting the doctor and paying him, do I then have to go to a shop in a high rent shopping mall employing ten or more people to queue for twenty miutes with maybe fifty or more people in my lunch hour to get some of the money back? Can't I just pay the doctor less in th first place. There must be $M of dollars consumed in this unneccessary waste never mind the time wasted by people who could be doing more effective things. Now I could 'whinge' to Medicare and suggest this improvement or at a cost to me I could not claim my money back - along with millions of others, hopefully one day closing down all the Medicare stores and reducing the overall cost of the healthcare system. Other suggestions on appropriate action are welcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.