Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OZ Banks accounts you can open from UK

OZ Banks accounts you can open from UK

Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute
Default OZ Banks accounts you can open from UK

Okay, as I am getting closer to the date when I have to think about moving money, open accounts etc I was just wanted to clarify what accounts you can open from UK before you go. Any links people can give would be great or tel. numbers.

From what i have read on the forum, you can open these accounts from the UK before you go.....

Westpac

Commonwealth

HSBC

Are there any more?

Can you open a Citibank account from the UK?

Anyone have any other helpful info? Thanks.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OZ Banks accounts you can open from UK

Originally Posted by Stephen
Okay, as I am getting closer to the date when I have to think about moving money, open accounts etc I was just wanted to clarify what accounts you can open from UK before you go. Any links people can give would be great or tel. numbers.

From what i have read on the forum, you can open these accounts from the UK before you go.....

Westpac

Commonwealth

HSBC

Are there any more?

Don't know about Citibank, but you can open an ANZ one from the UK.

www.anz.com.au
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

You can open a ANZ bank online.

They hav good reports on BE too.

GEMS
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Wendy we must have typed at the same time!
ANZ!!
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

JOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to behold

National Bank of Australia (NAB) they are twined with the Clydesdale bank over here so It was all really easy and the also have a seperate person that deals with Migration issues. PM me if you want any telephone numbers.

Tricia
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gems
Wendy we must have typed at the same time!
ANZ!!
How are ANZ on fees?
Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:45 pm
skye

We have opend commonwealth - very nice and professional service so far via phone we transferred £50 to keep the account open until we are ready (which is bl**** soon) they have called to see if everything is ok and have an appointment the day we land to validate. Fees I think are about $5 per month.... total balance available today was $98 - think we may increase that soon

Old Jun 13th 2007, 4:02 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Opened our Westpac accounts yesterday evening over the phone. Easy peasy! We opened a Westpac Choice and a Westpac Max-i-Direct. We got signed up for telephone and internet banking at the same time. Had a look at our accounts this morning and there they were, ready to receive our money .

And we ordered our Mastercard debit cards which will be ready and waiting for us on arrival.

Just phone them on +61 2 9293 9270 and tell them you want to open an account. If it's to be a joint account, you need to be both there to speak to them on the phone.

And before you phone have a look at the Westpac web site and decide at which branch you want to activate your accounts (you need to roll up and show your passports).

Gina
Old Jun 13th 2007, 4:19 pm
visa granted 6th August

stevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to all

Ok so im going to sound daft here but here we go. WE are moving to Adelaide in October hopefully. how do we get the money from the sale of our house into a Oz bank.

cheers steve
Old Jun 13th 2007, 5:23 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevelaird
how do we get the money from the sale of our house into a Oz bank.
Use Ozforex. Just signed up with them today: http://www.ozforex.com.au

Gina
Old Jun 13th 2007, 6:41 pm
HUN skelper

magic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant future

Westpac

Commonwealth

HSBC

Are there any more?

I used westpac, it took 2 days download and printout app. and post or fax,a very simple app aswell. when they open it you transfer £1500.00 ($3,500)and there are no charges. very easy to deal online and email. Find them here http://www.westpac.com.au/internet/p...g+to+Australia

HAIL HAIL
M&M
Old Jun 14th 2007, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Well. I wont be using Citibank. Phoned ther overseas customer services line and some moron put me on hold for 10 minutes 'whilst she was transferring me' to the right department: only to come back on the line, mispronounce my name which iI spelt clearly to her bl**dy 3 times, and told me to ring back tommorrow when they might not be as busy!!!!

Citibank you can stick your account right up yer erse!!!:curse:
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

The monthly fees that these accounts (ANZ, WESTPAC, NAB, C/W etc) charge you is roughly a dollar or so a week I gather; am I right in assuming that that covers you for making cash withdrawals from ATMs (any), cheques wriiten/lodged etc?
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

The monthly fees that these accounts (ANZ, WESTPAC, NAB, C/W etc) charge you is roughly a dollar or so a week I gather; am I right in assuming that that covers you for making cash withdrawals from ATMs (any), cheques wriiten/lodged etc?

Yes, although the ATM transactions are for their machines only. If you use anther banks machine they charge you $1.50 per transaction. Best way around that is to get cashback from the shop if you need cash.

I live in the Northern suburbs of Adelaide and ANZ seem to have the most cash machines.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 11:17 am
Just Joined

ian j is an unknown quantity at this point

Westpac

Commonwealth

HSBC

Are there any more?

hi we opened are commonwealth bank account back in britain and transferred our money to the oz account free of charge (this depends on amount being transferred) no problems. we verified are account at our local branch in oz a couple of days after we landed. we had no problems with the commonwealth bank would recommend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.