Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OZ Bank account while still in UK

OZ Bank account while still in UK

Old Oct 6th 2008, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

fa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nice
Default OZ Bank account while still in UK

Can I open an Australian bank account while still living in the UK. I know I can open a Westpac account, however, I can only deposit funds until I arrive in Australia and I want to withdraw and deposit funds while still living in the UK.

Cheers
Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

steph82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OZ Bank account while still in UK

We have opened a bank accout with NAB but although we have had confirmation of the account being opened (and even our account number) we need to activate it when we arrive in australia as they need proof of id as with any bank.

I think they are a partner bank of Yorkshire bank though so maybe if you speak to a customer advisor in there they may be able to help you further. If you go to the Yorkshire bank website and find migrant banking page it actually gives you a number to contact if you have any queries.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 10:01 pm
mil
Forum Regular

mil is an unknown quantity at this point

We opened our ANZ account while still in the UK. It is the same as the Westpac account where you can only deposit into it from the UK. You can only make withdrawls once you have actually arrived in Oz and activated the account by doing your identity checks. It is pretty straightforward to do though. Just make sure you check the bank locations so you know there will definitely be one of your choosing in the area you hope to end up in.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 7:31 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fa kin su pa
Can I open an Australian bank account while still living in the UK... I want to withdraw and deposit funds while still living in the UK.
Check with the banks that have a UK presence (Westpac do, for example). You might be able to complete your identity check by going to that UK office, and activate the account that way.

Cheers
b