From Oz

Old Aug 14th 2005, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

Thommo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default From Oz

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to offer reassurance and maybe a sympathetic ear. We have been in Qld for 4 months now and it seams funny reading the links from this side of the world.

We never thought we would make it-lots of problems along the way [so if anyone has any i'm sure we encountered them!!]
We had never even been to Australia before and could have never even dreamed of coming here on holiday-cash flow always in short supply!! but we sold our house [well eventually, fell through week before we left!] packed in our jobs in sunny old Merseyside and went for it.

So what can i tell you all about Queensland, well it's bloody freezing sorry to shock but I assumed i'd never be cold again! It gets to 6 degrees on a night and they have never heard of heating, so please don't throw away those coats. The people we have met are so friendly although they do ask some funny questions like"Do you have chickens in England?"
We have jobs now, quite quick really-hospital and carpet shop, the money isn't bad [about the same] but the hours can be longer especially in sales.
Everywhere is fresher,cleaner and generally more pleasing on the eye, although missing family is so hard and it's only just hitting us how much.

Anyway hope this helps and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask- we also have not made any friends yet as you can probably tell.

THOMMO AND CLAN
Old Aug 14th 2005, 12:06 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From Oz

Originally Posted by Thommo
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to offer reassurance and maybe a sympathetic ear. We have been in Qld for 4 months now and it seams funny reading the links from this side of the world.

We never thought we would make it-lots of problems along the way [so if anyone has any i'm sure we encountered them!!]
We had never even been to Australia before and could have never even dreamed of coming here on holiday-cash flow always in short supply!! but we sold our house [well eventually, fell through week before we left!] packed in our jobs in sunny old Merseyside and went for it.

So what can i tell you all about Queensland, well it's bloody freezing sorry to shock but I assumed i'd never be cold again! It gets to 6 degrees on a night and they have never heard of heating, so please don't throw away those coats. The people we have met are so friendly although they do ask some funny questions like"Do you have chickens in England?"
We have jobs now, quite quick really-hospital and carpet shop, the money isn't bad [about the same] but the hours can be longer especially in sales.
Everywhere is fresher,cleaner and generally more pleasing on the eye, although missing family is so hard and it's only just hitting us how much.

Anyway hope this helps and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask- we also have not made any friends yet as you can probably tell.

THOMMO AND CLAN
Thanks for posting Thommo

Where are you in QLD ?
Old Aug 14th 2005, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, glad you made it and settled.

We too have never been to Australia and we shall set on Queensland soil next summer. Cant wait and Im sure we are making the right decision.

Where abouts in Queensland have to settled?
Old Aug 14th 2005, 12:12 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Welcome Thommo & clan. Glad you are enjoyin it and yes, it does get cold doesn't it!

BTW manx.....hope you dont do whats in yer avatar!

Even through its redneck country i8n Qld, there are laws to stop that

So go get help now while you ave time

Old Aug 14th 2005, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Welcome Thommo & clan. Glad you are enjoyin it and yes, it does get cold doesn't it!

BTW manx.....hope you dont do whats in yer avatar!

Even through its redneck country i8n Qld, there are laws to stop that

So go get help now while you ave time

Lets hope I dont choke on a shrimp then, cos I hear they are big in Australia and the Heimlich Manoeuvre is illegal??
Old Aug 14th 2005, 12:17 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Lets hope I dont choke on a shrimp then, cos I hear they are big in Australia and the Heimlich Manoeuvre is illegal??
That's not what my other half calls it and I don't eat shrimps

Old Aug 14th 2005, 12:19 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

the Heimlich Manoeuvre is illegal??
Is that the one when you wear the stilletoes Phoenix
Old Aug 14th 2005, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

We are on the bayside, SE QLD and really enjoying it, although it may not sound like it! It is a "beaut" place.
Where are you heading?
Old Aug 14th 2005, 12:23 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Bix
Is that the one when you wear the stilletoes Phoenix
No....but the other half does

I wear me slippers or wellies

BE Forum Addict

Were heading for somewhere in Brissie, not sure where yet. All depends on availability of stilletos and shrimps!!!
Phoenixuk2oz

We are on the bayside, SE QLD and really enjoying it, although it may not sound like it! It is a "beaut" place.
Where are you heading?
Who who who

Just Joined

Why are you all on about shrimps???

Thommo
Old Aug 14th 2005, 12:25 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Were heading for somewhere in Brissie, not sure where yet. All depends on availability of stilletos and shrimps!!!
Yep.....lots of both.

Quality place Bayside area

BE Forum Addict

Thommo
Im not sure, its one of the flaws of this site, things go off in wild tangents!!!

Whats ya favourite colour Blue?
Phoenixuk2oz

Thommo
Who what where

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.