Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Own Money here , Beware

Own Money here , Beware

Old Jul 22nd 2003, 1:54 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Owe Money here , Beware

Give us your cash or will it be a finger of two?

Fingers cut: search for armed men

TWO men who invaded a Brisbane home last night, chopping off the fingers of one man and dousing another with petrol, may have been debt collectors, police said.

One of the victims, a 20-year-old university student is in a stable condition after undergoing surgery at the Royal Brisbane Hospital to try to reattach three fingers. The drama began when two men broke into a home of three university students at Herston, on Brisbane's northside, about 6pm (AEST), police said.

They were armed with a gun and an axe, police said.

Two male students, aged 23 and 25, who were in the house, were dragged into the lounge and had their hands, feet and mouths bound with electrical tape.

The 25-year-old man was then doused with petrol.

The intruders, who were clad in balaclavas and overalls, waited two hours for a third student to arrive home.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 22nd 2003 at 2:55 am.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Own Money here , Beware

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Give us your cash or will it be a finger of two?

Fingers cut: search for armed men

TWO men who invaded a Brisbane home last night, chopping off the fingers of one man and dousing another with petrol, may have been debt collectors, police said.

One of the victims, a 20-year-old university student is in a stable condition after undergoing surgery at the Royal Brisbane Hospital to try to reattach three fingers. The drama began when two men broke into a home of three university students at Herston, on Brisbane's northside, about 6pm (AEST), police said.

They were armed with a gun and an axe, police said.

Two male students, aged 23 and 25, who were in the house, were dragged into the lounge and had their hands, feet and mouths bound with electrical tape.

The 25-year-old man was then doused with petrol.

The intruders, who were clad in balaclavas and overalls, waited two hours for a third student to arrive home.

The dreamers will say "this is just a student initiation ceremony" to get into the fraternity house.

I did not realise that the teachers at university were so annoyed at students not turning up for class these days. A sign of the times and it will encourage better attendance next term.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 2:54 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Wilf
The dreamers will say "this is just a student initiation ceremony" to get into the fraternity house.

I did not realise that the teachers at university were so annoyed at students not turning up for class these days. A sign of the times and it will encourage better attendance next term.

Never saw that side of this report but now you have bought it up , most parents would be for this treatment , given out to time wasting Professional students.
Hex payments must have bleed the dear lads cash and money lenders seemed a good idea at the time.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 22nd 2003 at 2:58 am.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Never saw that side of this report but now you have bought it up , most parents would be for this treatment , given out to time wasting Professional students.
Hex payments must have bleed the dear lads cash and money lenders seemed a good idea at the time.

Yes, another sign of the times. Debt here is ridiculous and will only get worse. Why industry gets to set the lessons but not pay towards it (even tax dodging is all the rage for the companies) is beyond me. Most of these courses were better as traineeships or apprenticeships - seems to me university is only right for some things, not all, but then what do I know? I have a degree in being wrong but could not afford part 2 of the course (I gave them the fingers?)
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

SimonC is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmm, you 2 must lead really exciting lives if all you do is post negative rubbish on these messatge boards all day, if it is so bad why don't you just leave!!!
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 3:43 am
Banned

Originally posted by SimonC
hmmm, you 2 must lead really exciting lives if all you do is post negative rubbish on these messatge boards all day, if it is so bad why don't you just leave!!!
I am off soon but what do you find negative the Aussie way of life not your taste?

Old Jul 22nd 2003, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

PB going (but not soon enough for me). Wilf's one of lifes loosers and nobody else will have him, so he believes in making life miserable for everyone else.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 3:48 am
Banned

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
PB going (but not soon enough for me). Wilf's one of lifes loosers and nobody else will have him, so he believes in making life miserable for everyone else.
Be right Pal my little threads brightens up your dull life , give some credit.

Old Jul 22nd 2003, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

It does not look too good for a fan like you who reads our stuff then does it? Perhaps you should try the mobile library instead. Do not confuse it with the ice cream van though - it is the one that does not play I'm popeye the sailor man and does not have syrup bottles in the window. If you are asked "small or large, sonny" you are in the wrong one. Good luck.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

SimonC is an unknown quantity at this point

I am off soon but what do you find negative the Aussie way of life not your taste?

Been there, done that and had no complaints, life is what you make it and unfortunately it seems like you are making yours miserable and dragging everyone else down with you!
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
Wilf was one of life's earners, you, as an uncivil servant, are one of life's spongers. I do not mind supporting the likes of you with my taxes though I suppose. One gets kinder as one gets older, and the sallies will not have you so I suppose PB and I have to do our bit for the intellectually impoverished and unemployable.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 3:59 am
Banned

Been there, done that and had no complaints, life is what you make it and unfortunately it seems like you are making yours miserable and dragging everyone else down with you!
If you know me you would have some idea how wrong you are, I am trying to level out the bull but its not going to sink into the dreamers heads.

Old Jul 22nd 2003, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

The cliche you are struggling for goes "been there, done that, got the t-shirt" - I hope this is of some help to you, one who lacks inventiveness as well as memory. "Life is what you make it" is another well-worn phrase coined for the unimaginative to repeat in between "hello, my name is polly parrot", so get some new material young man. What hope for the poms if you are an example of the new generation?

Surely you are not brought down so easily?
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 4:07 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you know me you would have some idea how wrong you are, I am trying to level out the bull but its not going to sink into the dreamers heads.

I know you're fond of the sport you get on this forum...

But now the penny drops...

"el pommie bastard" - Bullfighter...
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 4:10 am
Banned

Originally posted by Florida_03
I know you're fond of the sport you get on this forum...

But now the penny drops...

"el pommie bastard" - Bullfighter...
Like it , I could spend me Winters in Onion land on the Med , when I jack in chasing a wage .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.