Reload this Page >

Overseas Health Cover

Overseas Health Cover

Old Apr 26th 2016, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

sarahhibbert is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Overseas Health Cover

Hi all

My husband and I will be coming to Melbourne in Jan 2017 to allow me to study an advanced diploma. I have been accepted on a course and am now organising my OSHC for the first year. What is confusing me is that a single policy for me is approx. $550 but for me and my husband it is $2300 - these figures are pretty average across all of the main providers, medicare etc and also what my college is quoting me

Yet on the Visa website it states that typical costs should be $550 for single, $1200 for couples and $2200 for families.

Does anybody have any similar experience? Just want to check I haven't missed anything obvious before I purchase the cover.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

Phoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond reputePhoodilicious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Overseas Health Cover

Omg that's incredible expensive sounding - depending what level of hospital cover and extras (dental, optical, physio etc) cover you want I am surprised that you are beign quoted $2300 (or even the $1200 for couples!) I now have BUPA and includes medium level extras cover and it costs me $400 a month for a couple (with a small company discount) - previously I had IMAN for 457 visa holders and was just medical/hospital cover (no extras) for the pair of us at $200. Even if I had gone with top level hospital and medical cover with either IMAN or BUPA i was being quoted around $600-700 for a couple.