Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Overcharged at my Dr's!

Overcharged at my Dr's!

Old Aug 9th 2007, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all
Default Overcharged at my Dr's!

I have a small sebaceaus cyst on my neck which my Dr informed me didnt need treatment etc as its so small and isnt botheringme, having looked at the medical forms I noticed they check for these lumps so off I went to my Dr to ask her to write a letter out for me to say its nothing to worry about so I can take with me to my medical next week in case they ask what it is etc and are concerned.

Just been to collect the letter...or should I say note from my Dr which cost me £15.27p for a small note on letterhead paper that is so badly written its hard to make out what it says!
Old Aug 9th 2007, 2:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Overcharged at my Dr's!

Originally Posted by Ozzy7
I have a small sebaceaus cyst on my neck which my Dr informed me didnt need treatment etc as its so small and isnt botheringme, having looked at the medical forms I noticed they check for these lumps so off I went to my Dr to ask her to write a letter out for me to say its nothing to worry about so I can take with me to my medical next week in case they ask what it is etc and are concerned.

Just been to collect the letter...or should I say note from my Dr which cost me £15.27p for a small note on letterhead paper that is so badly written its hard to make out what it says!
Sorry but I cannot understand how you were overcharged? You asked the Dr for something additional - a letter - which was provided at a price due to it being required for a non-NHS reason. Is it badly written in terms of grammar or legibility? I'm not sure what can be done about the former, but if it's the latter, may be a typed letter could be provided.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

I think its a bit over priced for a scribble note myself which you can hardly read as the writing is so bad, I was expecting a typed letter at that price.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

I think its a bit over priced for a scribble note myself which you can hardly read as the writing is so bad, I was expecting a typed letter at that price.
And it still may not satisfy the panel DR! I had a tiny mole which my G.P said was no problem, it had no change in colour or size etc. The panel Dr did not agree and I had to have it removed.
Tracie
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

LOL - ok, so why don't you explain that to the receptionist, and get it redone? It's worth a try.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
And it still may not satisfy the panel DR! I had a tiny mole which my G.P said was no problem, it had no change in colour or size etc. The panel Dr did not agree and I had to have it removed.
Tracie
Good point! I thought that it was the panel doctor she was referring to.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Tracie

Oh heck what a pain for you.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Good point! I thought that it was the panel doctor she was referring to.
Oh, I read it as her G.P? I think she went back to the G.P for a letter before going to the panel Dr, but then again I am having a few beers to help me swing back from 7 night shifts, purely medicinal of course
Tracie
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:15 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

we got charged £45 for a typed letter-would have been overjoyed to pay only 15 even if a scribble oh and it had a major spelling mistake crossed out and amended with a scribble..