Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Over Night Stay In Perth

Over Night Stay In Perth

Old Apr 21st 2006, 6:26 am
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road
Default Over Night Stay In Perth

Hi Folks, looking for a place to stay over night in Perth.
Will be flying in very late on a Saturday night, family of seven. Somewhere as close to the airport as possible. Cheap and cheerful as will be leaving early in the morning.

Any advice will be great. Thanks
Old Apr 21st 2006, 12:53 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over Night Stay In Perth

Originally Posted by tucs
Hi Folks, looking for a place to stay over night in Perth.
Will be flying in very late on a Saturday night, family of seven. Somewhere as close to the airport as possible. Cheap and cheerful as will be leaving early in the morning.

Any advice will be great. Thanks
Every other building on the Gt Eastern Highway in Belmont is a B&B and loads of cabs so pick any one
Old Apr 21st 2006, 11:17 pm
Tiny Member

Originally Posted by worzel
Every other building on the Gt Eastern Highway in Belmont is a B&B and loads of cabs so pick any one
thanks for your help, just wondering would they appreciate us all arriving about 1am?

what about a hotel? thanks again
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 12:51 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for your help, just wondering would they appreciate us all arriving about 1am?

How far are going to be traveling the next day, are you staying in the Perth city area. The reason I ask is that within 30-45 mins at that time of night you can travel a decent distance, but if you're heading to Mandurah, for example then that would probably too far after a long flight.
Just being nosey :-)

I'm sure the hotels on the Great Eastern highway will be used to guests arriving in the early hours of the morning as many flight arrive late at night into Perth. I have a pal coming in late on Thurday from Sydney.

Have a good flight.
Neil.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 2:18 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

There are no B&Bs near the airport. What they are are motel blocks. You shoudl be able to email/phone and arrange to pick up the key upon your arrival. A fee might be charged considering the hour you are arriving at.

Check out this website. My personal recommendation is the Ascot Quays Apartments. 2 mins from airport and a very good standard of accomodation and meals etc. Also not over the top on price. Some rooms have balconies with reasonably nice views.

http://www.wotif.com/Search.jsp?regi...17&utm_id=1140
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 7:17 am
Tiny Member

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
How far are going to be traveling the next day, are you staying in the Perth city area. The reason I ask is that within 30-45 mins at that time of night you can travel a decent distance, but if you're heading to Mandurah, for example then that would probably too far after a long flight.
Just being nosey :-)

I'm sure the hotels on the Great Eastern highway will be used to guests arriving in the early hours of the morning as many flight arrive late at night into Perth. I have a pal coming in late on Thurday from Sydney.

Have a good flight.
Neil.
Hi Neil we are moving over to Iluka, the wife has sisters near there. Just looking for a nights stay because of the hour we arrive, also 7 of us with bags and all might give them a fright and sister in laws will send us back to where we came from :scared:
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 7:28 am
Tiny Member

Originally Posted by kiwichild
There are no B&Bs near the airport. What they are are motel blocks. You shoudl be able to email/phone and arrange to pick up the key upon your arrival. A fee might be charged considering the hour you are arriving at.

Check out this website. My personal recommendation is the Ascot Quays Apartments. 2 mins from airport and a very good standard of accomodation and meals etc. Also not over the top on price. Some rooms have balconies with reasonably nice views.

http://www.wotif.com/Search.jsp?regi...17&utm_id=1140
Exactly what i was looking for Kiwigirl. Many thanks.
If i have no luck can we come and stay with you?
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 7:45 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly what i was looking for Kiwigirl. Many thanks.
If i have no luck can we come and stay with you?
Sorry tucs I've only got a 1 bdrm apartment. Glad you liked what you saw though I have stayed at The Ascot Quay Apartments and really did find them very good. Enjoy your time in Perth
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 8:15 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Sorry tucs I've only got a 1 bdrm apartment. Glad you liked what you saw though I have stayed at The Ascot Quay Apartments and really did find them very good. Enjoy your time in Perth

Now that would be interesting