Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Over the counter medications

Over the counter medications

Old Apr 16th 2006, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

jojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to behold
Default Over the counter medications

Just wondering what's available with regard to over the counter medicines in Oz. My lovely but somewhat neurotic 5yr old daughter won't take any liquid medicine and so I always have to have a selection of Calpol Fastmelts & Neurofen Meltlets available. I also get through a reasonable amount of Cocodamol.........not a codeine addict....just migraine sufferer I promise!! Just wondering if I need to stock up in advance? Thanks for any info....

P.S can someone please enlighten me as to what the stars/squares mean next to my login name.......bit of a techno twit....sorry!!
Old Apr 16th 2006, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over the counter medications

Originally Posted by jojo90
Just wondering what's available with regard to over the counter medicines in Oz. My lovely but somewhat neurotic 5yr old daughter won't take any liquid medicine and so I always have to have a selection of Calpol Fastmelts & Neurofen Meltlets available. I also get through a reasonable amount of Cocodamol.........not a codeine addict....just migraine sufferer I promise!! Just wondering if I need to stock up in advance? Thanks for any info....

P.S can someone please enlighten me as to what the stars/squares mean next to my login name.......bit of a techno twit....sorry!!

Not sure about the medicine side of things.

But I can tell you that the boxes are Karma points and the stars are in relation to how many posts you have made.

Details on Karma can be found here
Old Apr 16th 2006, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

jojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by WendyC
Not sure about the medicine side of things.

But I can tell you that the boxes are Karma points and the stars are in relation to how many posts you have made.

Details on Karma can be found here
Ah Ha....it all becomes clear now.......had dished out a bit of Karma already....didn't know it was efffectively worthless.....!!! Ooops

Sorry to those of you whom have failed to benefit from my well intentioned generosity
Old Apr 16th 2006, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Ah Ha....it all becomes clear now.......had dished out a bit of Karma already....didn't know it was efffectively worthless.....!!! Ooops

Sorry to those of you whom have failed to benefit from my well intentioned generosity

I personally think that it's the thought that counts. I like to get messages, not bothered about it being blank.

But then there is the Karma Whores, who do mind
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light

Don't know about paracetamol and nurofen melts for children - if they are available they are likely to be OTC.

Cocodamol is available here (but has different names).
8/500 dosage is OTC.
30/500 is prescription only.
Not sure but I think 15/500 is prescription only also.

Madhu